CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How do I access the hidden folders etc

Hi Can I access the hidden folders & files on my BB 8520 from my PC, I can access them on my phone but not when I connect to it via my PC , any help would be appreciated.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

On your computer, in the Explorer window, hit 'Tools' at the top (it it's not showing, hit ALT). And click on 'Folder Options', click on 'View' tab, and enable 'Show hidden files, folders, and drives'...

I'm using Windows 7 - Ultimate...

I'm not sure if you do the same thing on Windows XP (or other OS).

Here's a website that has full instructions on how to show the hidden files (and folders) on your Windows computer. You'll just need to select your OS.
    How to see hidden files in Windows

If you're using a Mac, take a look at this website... Show Hidden Files | Mac Tricks And Tips
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Ive got show hidden folders etc enabled on my pc but it still wont show the hidden folders on my phone
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by memphisbelle View Post
    Ive got show hidden folders etc enabled on my pc but it still wont show the hidden folders on my phone
    They should show up if the 'Show hidden files, folders, and drives' option is enabled. The folder should look like translucent.

Have you tried rebooting your PC? That might fix it.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I'll try it. BTW I'm using Windows XP Home Edition
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

I'll try it. BTW I'm using Windows XP Home Edition
    If it still doesn't work, just check and make sure you followed the instructions from the site I posted.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

still no joy, If I use Desktop manager & click on media then media manager I can see folders on my phone but when I look inside the "media" card folder I see pictures etc but I cant seem to access anything inside the actual phones storage device, am I missing something here?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

still no joy, If I use Desktop manager & click on media then media manager I can see folders on my phone but when I look inside the "media" card folder I see pictures etc but I cant seem to access anything inside the actual phones storage device, am I missing something here?
    Oh, so you're trying to access your media card through media manager? Well, try accessing it through Windows Explorer. Open 'My Computer' and you should see the BlackBerry removable drive.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

No I can access the storage card but im trying to access the actual phones memory & the hidden folder on there (Device memory/system/accesibility) the system part being the hidden folder which I can reveal on my phone by using the explore function then ticking "show hidden".On my pc when using desktop manager you can choose either device memory or media card memory, If I choose device memory it will only show the normal device memorys folders but NO hidden folders thus I cannot get access to the System folder etc.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

No I can access the storage card but im trying to access the actual phones memory & the hidden folder on there (Device memory/system/accesibility) the system part being the hidden folder which I can reveal on my phone by using the explore function then ticking "show hidden".On my pc when using desktop manager you can choose either device memory or media card memory, If I choose device memory it will only show the normal device memorys folders but NO hidden folders thus I cannot get access to the System folder etc.
    I get what you're trying to say now, I'm sorry for being stupid.

Well, I don't really know if there's a way of accessing your BlackBerry's actual memory through your computer. Some other people probably know a way of doing that.