CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default From EDGE/GPRS Now GSM - HELP

I have a Blackberry Curve 8520. I noticed that the signal changed, from EDGE/GPRS to GSM. I tried battery pulls, OS reinstall and wipe handheld. I even change sim cards but nothing change.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,182 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me for BBM pin.

EDGE and GPRS are all GSM signals. Looks like your just switching between signal strength.
    http://twitter.com/Wackostu Pearl Flip>8520>9300>new 9300 (bad trackpad)>9900>iPhone4S +Playbook

"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." .....Tony Stewart

You cant hold no groove, if you aint got no pocket!.... Bootsy Collins

Bass Playing Blackberry/iPhone Addict Club Charter Member
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Yes. apparently there was a problem with my carrier's signal but it's all fix now. thanks!
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by hiumfu View Post
    Yes. apparently there was a problem with my carrier's signal but it's all fix now. thanks!
    Okay, so how did you solve your problem?
    BlackBerry 8350i BoostMobile
    BlackBerry 8520 T-Mobile
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    to beans.

It was solved by his network, there is nothing he could do at his end. This problem is caused by provider side hardware issues or poor reception.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by fishrule View Post
    It was solved by his network, there is nothing he could do at his end. This problem is caused by provider side hardware issues or poor reception.
    That is what is getting me confused. I have the same problem, and how is it possible that I insert my SIM card into my wifes same phone and it works normally???
    BlackBerry 8350i BoostMobile
    BlackBerry 8520 T-Mobile
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    PIN
    284C00DE

I had the problem with an 8520 and o2 UK carrier. Went from EDGE/GPRS to constant GSM, no matter where I was my signal was always full but GSM. Because of that I couldn't use my FB/Twitter apps properly and use BB App World etc.

So I went down to the local o2 shop and had a moan and they eas saying it was likely my mobile, but I said it wasn't and it could be a faulty sim. So I had them give me a sim replacement and since then my signals always EDGE/GPRS. Never been GSM since.

Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Try this:

Go to Manage Connections.

>Mobile Network Options

>Network Selection Mode: MANUAL

>Choose Available Networks

From here, choose any other Networks. (Other than the one you are currently using). I recommend choosing a Network which you think has the best signal/coverage. Choose other network for a while (you will get SOS). Leave it for a few seconds. After that, choose your Network again.

Hope this helps.
    CrackBerry Newbie

my blackberry 9860 is turned from EDGE to GSM plzzz help me to back EDGE again
    CrackBerry User

its will get back to EDGE once u r in the EDGE zone meaning ur receptions its the signal problem not ur phones