CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default curve 8520 controlling itself

Hi guys, basically i've had my blackberry for nearly a year now and its been super, done a dozen battery pulls etc but nothing major, but recently i been very clumsy and ive dropped my phone a number of times, but never ever seems to be wrong with it oviously just some external scratches. but now its just gone haywire, i've listed below the problems i have with it now

- randomly types its own letters in when i write a text etc
    - when i go on the menu, it automatically goes to my phonebook to the call list to where you input numbers to make a call
    - turns itself off after about 2-3mins
    - the O button on the keypad dont work any more

the drop it took right before this started was no different to the other ones but the phone survived all them perfectly at first i thought it could be a software problem but my software is up to date so i really dont know, and i dont have insurance either :/
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,172 Global Posts

Sounds like moisture damage.
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    26,756 Global Posts

It sounds like you've answered your own question. You said you've dropped the device a "number of times". It is not built to withstand repeated jarring and banging.

You can try reloading the OS, but most likely the device is physically damaged.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,323 Global Posts

Its pretty easy to fix. Go to a repair store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

hmmm lol i kinda guessed it was because of the drop lol, silly question but how do i reload the OS ?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    PIN
    2864C03F

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by cuzzy01 View Post
    Hi guys, basically i've had my blackberry for nearly a year now and its been super, done a dozen battery pulls etc but nothing major, but recently i been very clumsy and ive dropped my phone a number of times, but never ever seems to be wrong with it oviously just some external scratches. but now its just gone haywire, i've listed below the problems i have with it now

- randomly types its own letters in when i write a text etc
    - when i go on the menu, it automatically goes to my phonebook to the call list to where you input numbers to make a call
    - turns itself off after about 2-3mins
    - the O button on the keypad dont work any more

the drop it took right before this started was no different to the other ones but the phone survived all them perfectly at first i thought it could be a software problem but my software is up to date so i really dont know, and i dont have insurance either :/
    There are 2 options, the second one is easier.

1. install BBSAK from bbsak.org plug ur phone into the pc, wipe it and then the BlackBerry User Tools cd u get when u buy the phone, install bb desktop software and connect ur phone it will say cannot connect, click update and go from there.

2. install BBSAK from bbsak.org plug ur phone into the pc and click restore to factory settings, and there u have it, a fixed bb

i dont know if this will work 4 this problem cuz its the solution 4 another