Cannort access emails
Just bought a pre-owned 8520. I have successfully got it working with my SIM card from previous phone, got all my contacts on it etc. I have also successfully got it onto my home wifi and can surf the net, log in to My eBay BUT when I go to Orange home page nothing happens when I click on to 'check my email' ( I use orange web mail) If I try to access my Hotmail account I get the error message that the password is wrong. What is going on, is the 8520 programmed only to use subscription email services or what?
- 11-22-2012, 11:12 AM #4Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
Blackberry 9900 (v22.214.171.1249 Rogers/BES), Playbook (v126.96.36.1994) | Rooted SGS III
I think I need to clarify things a bit. As a retiree I do not need to get my emails while I am driving etc. What I cannot understand is why, when I am at home, using my broadband via my wireless router I can access my orange webmail account on my PC, my laptop and my wifes iPad but not from my BlackBerry, when all other internet functions on it work.
Why do I want to access emails from my BlackBerry when I have other means available? Short answer we go on breaks, usually to hotels with FREE wifi access so it would be easier to take the BB than even a laptop or iPad. Also when my wife is reading ebooks on her iPad I could check emails on the BB.
- CrackBerry Genius
11-22-2012, 03:30 PM #6
- 2,580 Posts
The simple answer is that BlackBerry devices work differently than other devices. You need a BlackBerry Data Plan to access email (even on WiFi).
If that's not in your plan of action, then a different device may be better suited for your situation.
- By fastfinger in forum Storm 3rd Party AppsReplies: 5Last Post: 02-10-2009, 02:20 PM
- By rgevol in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 25Last Post: 02-02-2009, 07:49 PM
- By ajohnson30 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 1Last Post: 12-28-2008, 01:44 PM
- By Gruntled in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 4Last Post: 05-25-2008, 01:01 PM
- By thamiltonjeaj in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 0Last Post: 02-17-2008, 01:54 AM