- CrackBerry Newbie
- 2 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Brand new battery problem
I own a Blackberry Curve 8520 for over a year now, and suddenly the battery only lasts for 7 to 8 hours max, when I'm not using the phone (No music, internet, SMS... nothing).
I only have 5 applications on my phone, and none of them are running in the background. Also none of my applications are updated automatically. I use the lowest brightness and I often clean the memory of the phone.
I bought a new battery (authentic) and the problem was still here. I also borrowed the battery from a friend's 8520, that lasts at least one day on his phone, and the problem was still here.
I never leave the phone on charge when the battery is fully charged.
I just did a complete wipe of the phone with CL Commander and reinstalled the latest OS for the Curve 8520 today, nothing has changed..
I'm out of ideas. Do you think this can be a hardware problem?
Thank you for your help and sorry about my English.
- 01-14-13, 03:29 PM #5
Re: Brand new battery problem
It sounds to me like something is running in the background even if you don't think it is. If you can wipe your phone again and NOT re-install the apps for a day and see...or maybe try an update or downgrade of the current OS...beyond that I would have to say a hardware issue for sure. Best of luck to you and please let us know what you find out if anything.
- 01-14-13, 03:47 PM #6
yes perhaps that is it otherwise i cannot think of anything and i assume it would be a hardware issue. on the bright side 15 days till bb10!
- By kimp81 in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 5Last Post: 11-17-09, 07:10 PM
- By mike9876 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 4Last Post: 08-14-09, 12:39 AM
- By CooperBerry9530 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 23Last Post: 07-23-09, 01:00 PM
- By aigret in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 7Last Post: 02-09-09, 02:03 AM
- By dheadingto in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-25-08, 05:57 PM