Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By BigBadWulf
  • 1 Post By devon4786
  • 1 Post By geeeeeeeeee
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry freezes during load screen

Hello, after trying to reboot my Blackberry Curve 8520 it gets stuck on about 3/4 of the way though the loading bar. I've tried this at least 10 times and leaving it for up to 3 hours but it still won't turn on. After some internet researched I've tried rebooting it though the blackberry desktop manager, though the app loader. Which will work up to the point where you select applications and they are all grayed out giving no other option but to cancel. I have tried this over 10 times too. I have also tried wiping and restarting though JL_CMder but that won;t work because my phone can't connect to my computer for longer than 3 seconds. Please can someone help me because I've ran out of ideas? The term for this problem around some forums seems to be that the phone in 'Nuked'
    Thank you very much, Jordan x

Global Posts
    35,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Jordan,

Sounds more "bricked" than "nuked", but keep trying JL. You'll need to start the boot processs on each attempt. How long does it spend booting till the black screen?
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° `°•.¸¸.•° Born to ™ °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    Thanked by:
    JJ-Clarke (04-30-2012) 
    JJ-Clarke likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

It doesn't get to a black screen it just keeps going with nothing happening. I'll keep trying, any more suggestions?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
    PIN
    216631F3

Quote Originally Posted by JJ-Clarke View Post
    It doesn't get to a black screen it just keeps going with nothing happening. I'll keep trying, any more suggestions?
    Try this:
    Remove the battery> connect it via a usb cable to the pc> u'll get a very brief promt on ur pc to connect ur device. Be very quick. Timing is crucial as u only get a second or so.
    once the device is connected and replying to ur commands, place the battery in its place
    Now that the device is connected, wipe it thoroughly with bbsak.
    Then reinstall the os.
    Then u may go tada if this works.
    CrackBerry Newbie

this worked for me...connect blackberry to pc without battery and start reloading the os..when it reaches the stage where it say connecting to JVM, insert the battery while the phone is still plugged in...give it a few minutes and it should connect and be good to go.
    Thanked by:
    geeeeeeeeee (01-01-2013) 
    geeeeeeeeee likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have tried rebooting my blackberry 15 times now and every single time, it freezes after the loading screen.. I have tried all your suggestions and i have also plugged it into the computer but it comes up with unknown device and not very many options. I dont know what to do. I dont want to get a new blackberry or go to the service provider as my newer blackberry is already at the fixers. Can someone tell me how to sort my blackberry out easily without having to go to the service provider. I also dont know what an OS is or how to install it?
    Sophia De Gale likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

this was the easy and simple way i was looking for! thankyou devon 4786
    CrackBerry Newbie

my phone also freezes at the load screen and i have also trieed your suggestions, i dont want to wipe my phone though, any more suggestions
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,630 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask for it ;)

to to be fair there noot much choice id do what devon4786 to have it fully oparational again
    CrackBerry Newbie

would my bbm contacts be lost if i do that?

Global Posts
    35,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Quote Originally Posted by hendorock View Post
    would my bbm contacts be lost if i do that?
    That depends on a number of factors. If you're using the current BBM, it's tied to your BBID, so no. If you have a recent backup via Desktop, BB Protect, or linked them all to your BlackBerry contact list, and none have switched phones recently, then no. Considering your current state, they're all lost currently anyway. Gotta do something.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° `°•.¸¸.•° Born to ™ °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Bb

I had deleted a app i had which i didnt need anymore. I had to restart it so i did. It only filled up 3/4 of the whole time. I took out the battery
    and tried again, However, it still did not work. It had my important events on there and all my buisness contacts. I am really upset and i
    need someone who has experienced this situation before.

Please help me..

xxx

Kelly Cena (John Cena's Wife/WWE/ Kelly Kelly)