CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Unhappy BlackBerry Curve 8520 trackball?

Oops. I meant trackpad! My mistake!

I've had my BlackBerry Curve since February of this year and it's been working fine up until this week. I got up one morning to check missed calls, text messages, e-mails, and such and noticed that it wasn't responsive at all. I figured it was just a minor glitch, so I restarted the phone.

It soon came back on and was at the password screen. I scrolled up and down to see if it was working and to my delight it worked, but not for long. I logged in and started to check everything and while I was scrolling down reading text messages it froze, again. It became aggravating because of the fact of not knowing what someone said in that text -- whether it important or not. So, I called T-Mobile and they asked if it was damaged by water. It wasn't. I do have a sweating problem and I was thinking that could be the problem, but after a while when the light dims down, it works PERFECTLY, then goes back to terror after a little while. It drives my crazy. I take good care of my phone and don't drop it a lot.

I'm starting to think it's the software. I wiped the handheld and even installed many different backups, but no luck. Still, the same outcome.

Has anyone else had this problem? And if so, PLEASE tell me there is a way to fix it. I am a CRACKBERRY ADDICT. I like to have my phone on the go when I'm not on my laptop and I don't want to have to get a new phone.

Any advice? Thanks!
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    PM me...

Have you used an Alcohol swab to clean your trackpad and phone?
    Nathan W.

Have any questions? Feel free to PM me, or email me:
    converseman(at)crackberry(dot)com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by rcnathan View Post
    Have you used an Alcohol swab to clean your trackpad and phone?
    No, I'm afraid not. Is that something to do?
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    PM me...

Yes, go ahead and do that. I try to do that about 1 time a week. Just to keep the oils and junk off my phone.
    Nathan W.

Have any questions? Feel free to PM me, or email me:
    converseman(at)crackberry(dot)com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Question questionative me yay lol

whats that and how do you do it ive never done it before and is there eny other way its just that mine hasn't worked for about 2 weeks an its kind of irritating me a lot because i talk to my mates a lot and i cant really speak to them as its not working. sorry but also another open question to everyone does enyone kno how much it cost to get your scroller fixed as if i cant find a relitive solution i will have to probably get it repaired thanks any help will do thank you again xx