Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry 8520 newest software

I'm a little new to this blackberry world, being that I just purchased my first blackberry saturday.
    I've heard a lot about some leaked but non official software updates. So I want to know what is
    The latest leaked or official software for the curve 8520. And where can I find it.
    Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Welcome to the forums.

Latest officials are usually sticky posts. Whenever there is a new version somebody will post here for sure.

Newest 8520 OS v4.6.1.318 E-Plus (multilanguage)
    BlackBerry Curve 8520 5.0.0.411 leaked!
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    A Dynamic Binary Instrumentation Tool

But be sure to read all about version 5.0 before installing, especially being your new phone
    Check out my youtube dance and VDO editing channel if you're in the mood

I'm baaaack
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    767 Global Posts

Or, being a newbie, you could simply wait until your Provider has an OS update for you, which would show up in either the Desktop Manager or via their own Support pages.

Not as exciting (or cutting edge) perhaps than manually installing an OS (and its issues) into a device, but less likely to cause you anxious moments - or worse - as a new user.
    CrackBerry User

I just got my bb curbe 8520 recently... hooked it up to the desktop manager and upgraded to v4.6.1 (platform 4.2.0.135).

1) First day i could hear the message tones perfectly. Today, i can't hear the messages' coming in! m even if the profile already set to "tone" and volume is in "medium". Ringtone for calls work just fine. For the sms "vibrate" doesn't work too. What's wrong here? Do i upgrade the software again or do i downgrade? If downgrade, what do i do and where do i go to get the lower software version?

2) When i receive an sms message, i enter the "sms and mms" app. It USED to automatically display the new and unread message... but now i have to manually select "view folder" > "sms inbox" for the new message to appear! What's wrong here?

I'm not an expert but I think I have a good grasp of mobile/ smartphones to know where to explore and how to simply change settings.. sms tones and ringtone settings are the most simple to deal with and yet whatever i do, I can't seem to figure this out.

It's my first time to use a blackberry. Considered trying it out cause i've heard good things about it.. and this is what i get. I am very frustrated with what's happening.. It's failing on me and I've only had it for 2 days!

If anyone can solve my problem, i'd be very greatful. Please help.
    CrackBerry User

To be more accurate, I upgraded the software from 4.6.1.272.... anyway, i downgraded back to this version and so far so good. message tones are working.

Can anyone tell me what was wrong with the higher 4.6.1 software version? Or did i do something wrong?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    your hopes

lestags, kamusta?

im a new BB user as well from RP/Globe.
    didnt encounter your issue but what i have now is 4.6.1.314 (platform 4.2.0.135)

try this version, let us know.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    your hopes

ohh sorry was that the version 4.6.1.314 (platform 4.2.0.135) you were having problems with?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

So what I should is upgrade to the new leaked software.
    What's good about the newest software, what's change and do you guys suggest me uupgrading.

Check the link on my signature, all info on the changes and quirks of the latest leak are there.

My suggestion? Get used to your device as it is before you upgrade so you can feel the change. And you also get some experience dealing with settings/problems.

"If it ain't broke, don' fix it"

But upgrading to the newest official release is always advisable as it brings updates and bug fixes. Sometimes even better performance.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

What I'm really wanting is a better battery life, I talk on my phone a lot. I've noticed that doing thAt drains the battery faster than anything.
    So does the new software offer anything better for the battery??
    By the way thanks for all the help! You really seem like a pro at this!

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

What I'm really wanting is a better battery life, I talk on my phone a lot. I've noticed that doing thAt drains the battery faster than anything.
    So does the new software offer anything better for the battery??
    By the way thanks for all the help! You really seem like a pro at this!

I guess this is what most look for with OS updates. Comparing to the stock OS mine was shipped with, all updates gave me better battery life.

Thing is: our battery is kinda tiny compared to some other devices.

CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by M_rk View Post
    ohh sorry was that the version 4.6.1.314 (platform 4.2.0.135) you were having problems with?
    yeah i think it was the 4.6.1.314 that i had problems with. i downgraded and so far so good. i guess i'll put off updgrading first. still fixing data (original source was the iPhone) for now. i'll just regularly back up to make sure all pertinent info are saved.

thanks