CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB Curve 8520 Trackpad not clicking and keyboard not working

Hey all, just joined.

My blackberry curve 8520 trackpad scrolls but doesn't work when i click it! I hear the clicking sound and everything but it just doesn't function
    However when i press down on the keyboard with both thumbs, the letters 'hu' and what-not appear on the screen simultaniously. I have tried replacing the trackpad AND keyboard. Still no luck. Here is a video i uploaded on youtube showing exactly what i mean --->

Please help, thanks
    CrackBerry Newbie

I Got a similar problem. My keyboard wont work neither will my trackpad at all(doesnt scroll or click) and Hl kept coming up. One time it even came up when i scrolled. I've tried several battery pulls but nothing is happening
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    284E5CA6

One of your convenience keys is stuck! I had this problem too, you have to free it open
    Thanked by:
    Vaz1234 (09-16-2011) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Also, have you checked for water damage? There's a sensor underneath the battery... You could try dunking your blackberry in a bowl of dry rice and leaving it there for a while to see if that helps. The rice will soak up any water.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Browno View Post
    One of your convenience keys is stuck! I had this problem too, you have to free it open
    Is that for me?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

Try to clean you a bit.. if you know how to remove the cover then open it and clean it from the inside but be careful, if you are not good with stuff like that (cleaning electronics) you can harm it.