Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default bb curve 8520 antenna not working/replacement not working also. (can't find networks)

Hi my blackberry 8520 was dropped quite hard, everything still worked apart from I could not longer get a signal (when searching manually and automatically in couldn't find any signal at all) wifi is fine. I changed over the back with another blackberry that had a working antenna (i was told it was working, but I couldn't test this as that one had a broken trackpad which i couldnt fix by switching trackpads with my working trackpad, as it still wouldn't work, and i couldn't unlock the phone to test if the phone recieved signal without using trackpad! argh!) I thought this would work (this is the first time i've tried anything like this) but the phone is exactly the same as before, everything works execpt the antenna/signal. does this mean the new antenna is also broken or could it be another problem? any help would be good as I'm not great with tech! thanks
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    27C04FB9

Quote Originally Posted by morganmj View Post
    Hi my blackberry 8520 was dropped quite hard, everything still worked apart from I could not longer get a signal (when searching manually and automatically in couldn't find any signal at all) wifi is fine. I changed over the back with another blackberry that had a working antenna (i was told it was working, but I couldn't test this as that one had a broken trackpad which i couldnt fix by switching trackpads with my working trackpad, as it still wouldn't work, and i couldn't unlock the phone to test if the phone recieved signal without using trackpad! argh!) I thought this would work (this is the first time i've tried anything like this) but the phone is exactly the same as before, everything works execpt the antenna/signal. does this mean the new antenna is also broken or could it be another problem? any help would be good as I'm not great with tech! thanks
    well seeing that u tried another antenna on the same board i think the board itself has the issue.
    *TT* M Mo$ *TT*