Hi my blackberry 8520 was dropped quite hard, everything still worked apart from I could not longer get a signal (when searching manually and automatically in couldn't find any signal at all) wifi is fine. I changed over the back with another blackberry that had a working antenna (i was told it was working, but I couldn't test this as that one had a broken trackpad which i couldnt fix by switching trackpads with my working trackpad, as it still wouldn't work, and i couldn't unlock the phone to test if the phone recieved signal without using trackpad! argh!) I thought this would work (this is the first time i've tried anything like this) but the phone is exactly the same as before, everything works execpt the antenna/signal. does this mean the new antenna is also broken or could it be another problem? any help would be good as I'm not great with tech! thanks
    04-18-13 04:51 AM
    Hi my blackberry 8520 was dropped quite hard, everything still worked apart from I could not longer get a signal (when searching manually and automatically in couldn't find any signal at all) wifi is fine. I changed over the back with another blackberry that had a working antenna (i was told it was working, but I couldn't test this as that one had a broken trackpad which i couldnt fix by switching trackpads with my working trackpad, as it still wouldn't work, and i couldn't unlock the phone to test if the phone recieved signal without using trackpad! argh!) I thought this would work (this is the first time i've tried anything like this) but the phone is exactly the same as before, everything works execpt the antenna/signal. does this mean the new antenna is also broken or could it be another problem? any help would be good as I'm not great with tech! thanks
    well seeing that u tried another antenna on the same board i think the board itself has the issue.
    04-18-13 02:11 PM