Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation battery symbol with red X

So i have the curve 8520... it was working earlier today & then the battery completely died to the point my phone shut off. I went to put it on the charger and then got a battery symbol with a red x through it. I am not sure what that means but my phone won't turn on and won't charge. I tried taking the battery out and now it turns on but the symbol is still there and the loading bar is on the screen and it won't change. I also took outmy sim card & memory card. if anyone has any idea pleeeease help me.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by terrie89 View Post
    So i have the curve 8520... it was working earlier today & then the battery completely died to the point my phone shut off. I went to put it on the charger and then got a battery symbol with a red x through it. I am not sure what that means but my phone won't turn on and won't charge. I tried taking the battery out and now it turns on but the symbol is still there and the loading bar is on the screen and it won't change. I also took outmy sim card & memory card. if anyone has any idea pleeeease help me.
    Only time I've seen that icon is when I have my battery out while the device is plugged in; sounds like you have a bad battery.
    CrackBerry User

Ya I realize the two are different but that icon shows up on my laptop and then it tells me, consider replacing my battery. It sounds like u need a new battery. Maybe u leave it on the charger longer than needed?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,182 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me for BBM pin.

Quote Originally Posted by ocmagnum View Post
    Ya I realize the two are different but that icon shows up on my laptop and then it tells me, consider replacing my battery. It sounds like u need a new battery. Maybe u leave it on the charger longer than needed?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The chargers have a component in them that prevents over charging. I charge mine every night whether it needs it or not.

To answer the OP, that happens when you completly die (discharge the battery conmpletly). Leave your device off (Push and hold red button for power off) , and plug it in to the wall charger. Let it charge for 30 minutes. Unplug and turn on. Let it boot up and check the icon. It should not have the X now. Then plug it back in and let it charge fully.

I would also recommend charging your battery overnight whenever you can so you dont completly discharge it. L-ion batteries like to be charged often.

Welcome to the forums.
    Last edited by RWWackoStu; 11-05-2010 at 02:40 PM.
    http://twitter.com/Wackostu Pearl Flip>8520>9300>new 9300 (bad trackpad)>9900>iPhone4S +Playbook

"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." .....Tony Stewart

You cant hold no groove, if you aint got no pocket!.... Bootsy Collins

Bass Playing Blackberry/iPhone Addict Club Charter Member
    CrackBerry Newbie

I having the same problem..... and I am not able to turn on my BB. Please let me know how to turn on?????
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,732 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask for it ;)

connect blackberry to pc without battery and start reloading the os..when it reaches the stage where it say connecting to JVM, insert the battery while the phone is still plugged in...give it a few minutes and it should connect and be good to go.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Not the battery!

I have the same issue, just put a new battery in today and the same thing happens. Seems to be a common issue as I have looked at several forums with a lot of people reporting this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default blackberry poroblem

The ssame thing happned with me this morning, whut I did was leave it in the charger for 10 mins, take it out, and repat until u see the rebooting sign. U don't need a new battery for this!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Buy new battery
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default issue with blackberry curve 8520

hi tere,i have had a problem with my blackberry,i start it up,then it loads and a white screen saying"blackberry"on it,so i tried so many times taking the battery off and charging it,it worked then again the same thing happened,so i decided to order a new battery,then it worked fine for around 2 weeks,now the same problem has occured and i tried various things.please help.thanks a lot
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default BB Red X issue

Hi,

Hope this response isn't too late for everyone- but you can be sure it is a battery issue. I just incurred the same issue attempting to troubleshoot my clients phone in-store and a replacement of the battery solved the issue.

You don't need a 'new' battery, but one that is in relatively good condition (no swelling, water damage (shown as a red mark on the litmus paper) etc).

This symbol basically says "No good battery'.

Hope that helps,

xo!
    CrackBerry Addict

Connected but not charging. I hope you didn't break your usb connector on the phone.
    Posted via CB10