- CrackBerry User
- 19 Posts
Battery with Red Cross
I have a curve 8520. It has some battery issues from a few days. I used to see the battery with red cross symbol in the past two three days and I charged it and it worked fine.
Since yesterday night, I am not able to go past the battery with the red cross screen. The symbol is there. I tried connecting to USB/Wall charger, tried without using the battery et but its still not working.
The red cross along with a progress bar is present which gets stuck after a certain %. Now what should I do? I basically wont use this phone now, but I need to get my data off it. Any way to take a backup without turning it on? or turn it on how? will it work on usb with battery only?
- 01-06-13, 04:07 PM #2
If you can acquire a replacement battery or borrow one, you should be able to get your phone operating again. A failed battery is likely your culprit, here. If you can't get the phone to boot up, and did not have a prior backup, your data is irretrievable. A functional battery is a necessary part of the device, as the circuitry it contains allows the phone to work. Try another battery before you panic.
- By Jamie Lawrence in forum BlackBerry Curve 85xxReplies: 14Last Post: 09-15-15, 04:20 PM
- By StigChasin in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 16Last Post: 09-13-12, 03:05 AM
- By seanyboy21e in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 0Last Post: 01-26-12, 12:19 PM
- By seokochin in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 7Last Post: 12-07-10, 08:55 PM
- By hbartel in forum BlackBerry 87xx SeriesReplies: 1Last Post: 08-06-07, 01:22 PM