Hey guys,

I have a curve 8520. It has some battery issues from a few days. I used to see the battery with red cross symbol in the past two three days and I charged it and it worked fine.
    Since yesterday night, I am not able to go past the battery with the red cross screen. The symbol is there. I tried connecting to USB/Wall charger, tried without using the battery et but its still not working.

The red cross along with a progress bar is present which gets stuck after a certain %. Now what should I do? I basically wont use this phone now, but I need to get my data off it. Any way to take a backup without turning it on? or turn it on how? will it work on usb with battery only?

Please help.
    01-06-13 10:54 AM
    If you can acquire a replacement battery or borrow one, you should be able to get your phone operating again. A failed battery is likely your culprit, here. If you can't get the phone to boot up, and did not have a prior backup, your data is irretrievable. A functional battery is a necessary part of the device, as the circuitry it contains allows the phone to work. Try another battery before you panic.
    01-06-13 03:07 PM