- CrackBerry User
- 19 Posts
Battery with Red Cross
I have a curve 8520. It has some battery issues from a few days. I used to see the battery with red cross symbol in the past two three days and I charged it and it worked fine.
Since yesterday night, I am not able to go past the battery with the red cross screen. The symbol is there. I tried connecting to USB/Wall charger, tried without using the battery et but its still not working.
The red cross along with a progress bar is present which gets stuck after a certain %. Now what should I do? I basically wont use this phone now, but I need to get my data off it. Any way to take a backup without turning it on? or turn it on how? will it work on usb with battery only?
- 01-06-2013, 04:07 PM #2
If you can acquire a replacement battery or borrow one, you should be able to get your phone operating again. A failed battery is likely your culprit, here. If you can't get the phone to boot up, and did not have a prior backup, your data is irretrievable. A functional battery is a necessary part of the device, as the circuitry it contains allows the phone to work. Try another battery before you panic.If it needs fixing, report it!BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720T* Galaxy S4If you can't make it better with bacon, try again!
- By Jamie Lawrence in forum BlackBerry Curve 85xxReplies: 13Last Post: 07-27-2014, 02:24 AM
- By StigChasin in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 16Last Post: 09-13-2012, 03:05 AM
- By seanyboy21e in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 0Last Post: 01-26-2012, 12:19 PM
- By seokochin in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 7Last Post: 12-07-2010, 08:55 PM
- By hbartel in forum BlackBerry 87xx SeriesReplies: 1Last Post: 08-06-2007, 01:22 PM