Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Anye still rocking the 8530??

I admit for the last year Ive been using my Droid X. But this weekend it just got old and I dont have an upgrade till July. So I dug out my old 8530 and reactivated it. It took a few min for me to stop touching the screen to do things but I have to say I love it. Its like coming home from a long trip. Just wanted to know if anyone has gone back to the old friend or still on one from the start.

P.S. I have a 3g as well but never really liked os 6 so the 8530 it is.
    CrackBerry User

I'm still using an 8530 - it is my first BlackBerry and I love it. I'm eligible for an upgrade now, but I'm torn between going for the 9930 or waiting for the release of the BB10 phones later this year (hopefully).
    "You can twist perceptions, Reality won't budge" - Neil Peart (RUSH)
    CrackBerry User

Just got one hehe. I'm waiting to see if Virgin Mobile comes up with something newer this year (like a 9330), but it does everything I need, so there's no rush.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I would hold off if you can. The new BB 10 phones coming out next are going to be sweet. BTW I'm loving this curve. Man did I miss BB. Its just so user friendly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Among other things, I find it hard to justify a more expensive phone for what I use it for, that's why I doubt I'd get anything better than the 9330.
    CrackBerry User

two weeks old 8530 (virgin mobile) here too ^.^v i like it more and more everyday hehe~ it's much faster than my previous android touch smartphone (samsung intercept)!!!
    CrackBerry User

Coming from a Nextel i1, it feels like I just went from 56k to 10Mbps broadband.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Im also a proud owner of a 8530 . I still have about 17 months in my contract so I'll be keeping this phone till my contract ends.
    CrackBerry User

Another VM user here & this 8530 is my first BB as well. I can honestly say I love this phone (especially the trackpad) because I HATE touchscreen Droids. OK truth be told my fingers just suck at the dexterity required for touchscreens. Trackpad I have no problem with. I'm thinking I will stick with this phone for quite some time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts

Me
    Should have payed a little extra for a 3G to be honest.
    Then I would have been definitely fine but for now 8520 will do...
    CrackBerry User

I am, It has been a year I do want a new BB though.
    I no longer own a blackberry I'm a android user now
    SKYPE|INSTAGRAM|OOVOO|KIK : MARTYMAR_XVII
    HANDSOME, ATHEIST, BIG BOOBS LOVER
    CrackBerry Newbie

Two years with my 8530 and going strong. Just bought a new battery and with current software, this thing runs better than when it did brand new. I won't upgrade until I see these new BB10 phones.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Quote Originally Posted by BC86 View Post
    Two years with my 8530 and going strong. Just bought a new battery and with current software, this thing runs better than when it did brand new. I won't upgrade until I see these new BB10 phones.
    I feel the same way. Its smoother and faster than it was new in 2010. Really liking it!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts

Oh wow I'm so happy to see some other people still rocking the 8530 and that so many of us lost our BB virginity with it! I feel so retro even though I only got my curve last summer (it isn't that old of a phone either). I'm in a 3 year contract so I'm in it for the long haul. It's a fantastic little phone. I'm pretty gentle with my phones so I tend to not need a new one until my contract is done.

I will admit I have entertained the thought of shelling out some money and upgrading to the 9810 but I love my little curve too much and I get guilty and change my mind. Plus I like OS5. I've seen it cause people a lot of headaches on here but it has been really stable for me. I think the only tempting thing about OS7 is the browser but the OS5 browser is not as horrible as many say.
    CrackBerry Abuser

i love my lil 8520! it still sits on the coffee table with no sim card, but wifi on...i often still grab it when i need a kitchen timer instead of my 9900..that lil workhorse was so good to me, no way it's getting retired to a drawer!
    i don't know if there's an afterlife...
    but i'm bringing a spare battery just in case
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    PIN
    322D4970

I have an 8530, and love it. Can't beat VM price.
    CrackBerry User

Still Rockin My 8530!!..Love This Phone!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    PIN
    the donkey

Quote Originally Posted by MariposaMental View Post
    Oh wow I'm so happy to see some other people still rocking the 8530 and that so many of us lost our BB virginity with it!
    Ooh.. I love the expression.
    Yes, I also lost my virginity to 8520. Used it for three days -- became convinced that BB was the way to go -- and straight away upgraded to 9780.

Now I love my 9780 but I do wish that the o/s 6 calendar is more like o/s 5 calendar especially when it comes to the scrolling and 'showing-the-appointment' part. Can't really explain it. Perhaps, it's just a personal preference.

Anyhow, am contemplating of getting a new 8520 as my 2nd BB. So glad to stumble on this thread and to see other 8520 harems.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8520 -> 9780 -> 9900 -> Z10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Senor Wright View Post
    Still Rockin My 8530!!..Love This Phone!
    Still also keep my 8530
    My first blackberry
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

I still have my 8530 even though I've had it replaced 3 times but I still love it. I will upgrade on the 3rd of March to a Torch 9850 but I'm still gonna keep her [yes, "her" name is Claire ] but only recently I figured how to keep a nicely functioning 8530 that will keep a battery nicely charged through the whole day with regular use and still have 50% left by the end of the day.

I love her (pets Claire heavily)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default I'm still using mine as an organizer.

I got my Sprint 8530 about 3 years ago, I guess. I loved it, but couldn't afford the plan any longer, so I didn't renew.

I still use my 8530 as an awesome organizer. I keep it synched with Outlook and it is wonderful.

I could use some help, though. I did a full wipe after my Desktop Manager updated to version 7 and promptly started locking up. So, I completely wiped my phone and uninstalled Desktop Manager.

Now, I'm left with v5.0.0.1030 on my phone and no Desktop Manager.

My first question is: How do I find out which, if any, of the newer operating systems, like 6 or 7, will work with my phone? I'm assuming at some point, the 8530's operating system couldn't be upgraded any further.

My second question: I have literally spent hours trying to find Desktop Manager 6, but all of the links provided by rim.com lead to DM 7...even the links that say they lead to older versions.

This is driving me crazy. I don't know how to upgrade my phone's OS through a USB cable without having DM, and I can't find a version of DM that seems to work with my phone.

Is there anyone who could share their insight? I would be extremely grateful!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
    PIN
    216631F3

My first bb 8520. Still can't figure it out how others (people with iDevices n Droids) leave without such a fantastic piece of communication device-- m not jus talking about 8520 but for that matter all bb devices.
    CrackBerry User

Started on the 7520 , switched to 8830 WE , then switched to 8330 , now I've got the 8530 . I love my BB !
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by CPHarrison8 View Post
    I'm still using an 8530 - it is my first BlackBerry and I love it. I'm eligible for an upgrade now, but I'm torn between going for the 9930 or waiting for the release of the BB10 phones later this year (hopefully).
    Same here, the 8530 is my first BB and my first smartphone. I love it but I'm really liking the 9930. I also have an upgrade available but waiting to see what the BB10 looks like.
    Curve 8530 - Bold 9930 - Torch 9850 - Z10 STL100-4 - Playbook 16GB
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    333B9070

On Boost Mobile, and still rocking da old Curve. I've had it for about 2 years, and just got into BBM recently. If only more apps were made for it. Either than that it's a great phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast