Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Alarm Clock Just Stopped Working (8520)

The alarm clock has been working just fine ever since I have owned this BB. And even when the operating system had been updated a couple of months ago, everything has been operating normally. Then just a couple of days ago, suddenly, nothing.

I have done battery pulls, and checked all of my settings.
    Any suggestions?
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    PM me...

What is it not doing? Opening, alarming, clock isn't working? Please explain a lil more

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,241 Global Posts

Yes please elaborate

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I'm sorry. Let me be a little more clear. The alarm sound itself is not working. I can set the alarm clock. See that afterwards that it has actually went off because the display will ask me if I want to hit the 5 minute snooze. But, no audible alarm sounds.
    CrackBerry User

BUMP! Having same problem. Alarm went off fine this morning to wake me up, but now it sets and I see that its gone off because it gives me the option to snooze or dismiss but its not making an audible sound. Battery pull didn't correct the problem.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,183 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me for BBM pin.

Have both of you recently upgraded to 5.0.0.822?
    http://twitter.com/Wackostu Pearl Flip>8520>9300>new 9300 (bad trackpad)>9900>iPhone4S +Playbook

"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." .....Tony Stewart

You cant hold no groove, if you aint got no pocket!.... Bootsy Collins

Bass Playing Blackberry/iPhone Addict Club Charter Member
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by RWWackoStu View Post
    Have both of you recently upgraded to 5.0.0.822?
    Not sure about those guys, but I recently updated and the alarm sound does not work. Well it works sometimes, but the sound after snooze does not work at all.

Also i no longer have the option for a keyboard lock with my left side button.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    752 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jasondart View Post

Also i no longer have the option for a keyboard lock with my left side button.
    This is a known issue with OS 5.0. In order to get the keyboard lock you will have to set a new password
    CrackBerry Newbie

Anyone else find a fix for the alarm clock? I was damn near late to work today because of it. Worked fine last 2 days, but today the snooze screen came up at the proper alarm time, but no vibrate or sound.

Honestly how can BlackBerry mess up an alarm clock.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    PIN
    - pm for pin! -

I have been having this issue for some time now. You can set set the alarm just fine, just when the alarm should sound you instead get the prompt to "dismiss" or "snooze" although the phone has not given an alarm or vibrated. Have had to go back to using my alarm by the bed and setting both a "reminder" and "alarm" on my blackberry. Also, after you hit "snooze" the alarm will sound after that.

I missed work because of this once as well. Since I have a backup alarm I haven't done any research into fixing the issue [and I will be getting a Droid Pro shortly], but my guess is that you might be able to find a 3rd party app to act as an alarm?

This I noted this happening after the .8xx update. Now currently using the .1xxx, which has phenomenal battery life but seems to still be carrying the alarm issue.

8330 5.0/.230 lyricidal hybrid --> Storm 9550 .428 --> 8530 .1000 -- > [Soon Droid Pro..]
    CrackBerry User

Default Similar issue with my flip...

I'm writing to share that I have the same issue with my BB flip (8220 or 8230). The thing with mine is that sometimes it all works fine and sometimes it doesn't!! I hate inconsistency, especially when it comes to technology and trouble shooting...

Another thing that is different about my issue is that the phone will come on (or wake up) but with no alarm sound...and NO, I don't get the 'snooze' message or 'cancel snoozed alarm'. Nothing...the phone just wakes up but not me!! Do you guys have any ideas??

FEDERICONGO
    CrackBerry Newbie

Unhappy Got the same prob. to

My blackberry (8520) alarm clock isn't working. If i go to the clock (digital), then press the ,, option '' menu, then ,, set alarm '' ,

i DO NOT see anything (example: numbers (min. or hours)). So i CAN NOT set my alarm. Help please. Pull battery/updated software DIDN'T work
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Teess Maar Khan View Post
    My blackberry (8520) alarm clock isn't working. If i go to the clock (digital), then press the ,, option '' menu, then ,, set alarm '' ,

i DO NOT see anything (example: numbers (min. or hours)). So i CAN NOT set my alarm. Help please. Pull battery/updated software DIDN'T work
    i had the same problem but change the theme by clicking the menu button then while on the menu screen, click the BB button again and going to options then again press BB button then go to theme options change to default theme, then go back to clock and set the alarm then repeat this process to revert back to the desired theme and your alarm will be back up to view and change hope this helped
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Alarm sunds only once

I have a similar problem, after I started using my backup 9700 with 6.0 Bundle 3049 installed. The alarm sounds once and opens the snooze/dismiss window opens. If I select snooze, the alarm will again sound after the snooze period, but stop after one alarm and the snooze/dismiss window opens. My old 9700 ( 6.0 Bundle 1879 and earlier) would alarm continuously until the snooze or dismiss was selected. How do I make the alarm sound until the snooze or dismiss is selected.