Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 8530 white screen problem

my 8530 is set to turn off the backlight after 30 sec. When I am on the phone and disconnect my call when the screen is black, my screen comes on completely white - nothing on the screen just white.

The only way to avoid this is wake up my phone before pressing the disconnect button. Once I get the white screen I have to wait till it goes back to black and then wake it up - then I get the regular home screen.

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know of a fix?

I might be hasting, there might be some other things you can do to fix this, but all I can think of is an OS update. Find the latest official OS release for the 8530 and install it.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    PIN
    31345B36

Quote Originally Posted by 5ZVP View Post
    my 8530 is set to turn off the backlight after 30 sec. When I am on the phone and disconnect my call when the screen is black, my screen comes on completely white - nothing on the screen just white.

The only way to avoid this is wake up my phone before pressing the disconnect button. Once I get the white screen I have to wait till it goes back to black and then wake it up - then I get the regular home screen.

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know of a fix?

I have this same exact issue. I don't think re installing the OS will fix it, but worth a shot.

Also I have seen sometimes, when I receive a new email, sms, bbm, etc. after I check and open the new message, when I return to the home screen the notification for the new message has not been cleared. Has anyone come across this?

Thanks . . .
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have had my 8530 for a couple of weeks and also having the white screen issue when a call is disconnected while the screen is shot off. Any suggestions on a fix?
    CrackBerry Newbie

My blackberry 8530 does the same thing!! I already returned one of mine after two days, and my new one is just starting to do it. Is there any fix??? HELP!! I love my blackberry but I HATE this white screen!!!
    CrackBerry User

You shouldn't return your phone over that its a 500 dollar piece of equipment. And since it was released very recently there will be kinks in the os. There will most likely be an os fix for this and others to come.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm on my 3rd one because of the same problem, 3 phones in 15 days, not so great.
    My 3rd one just went all black except for the top where the clock is earlier today & that usually happnes either just before or after its fixing to go all white on me after calls. I have the newest OS.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default 8530 white screen

Ok,
    It seems that to fix the white screen on an 8530 it has to returned (currently). If this is not the case would someone be kind enough to post a list of fix options for this problem?
    Thank You
    CrackBerry Newbie

I've had my bb 8530 for only 3 weeks now and this problem started soon after I got it. I'm using a picture located on my memory card as the background.

I read in a bb forum somewhere to pull the memory card and re-seat it. It worked for me I haven't had this problem in over a week or so. Hope this helps...
    CrackBerry Newbie

My Husbad and I are both having the same problem... i have Sprint and I am soooo fustraited... I have gone to 3 stores and they have NEVER heard of this problem.. therefore they cant help me. I am so DONE with blackberry... since I used my upgrade on this phone in Jan they wont help me with getting a new phone! Sprint coustomer care SUCKS!!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Same problem here... I wish i had my old curve!!!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I've only had this phone for a week and a 1/2 and I've had this several times as well. I also had to return my first curve 8530 after two days as it became what people are calling a 'nukeberry' and entered a constant reboot state. Not loving this phone so far.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,879 Global Posts

wow not having any issues with the 8530 like it so much better than the tour

Have an Incredible day !
    Phoenix Suns Rule !
    CrackBerry Newbie

Talking poss fix will try in am and update if works

The problem: A completely, with an emphasis on completely, blank white screen. Occasionally, the phone appears slightly fuzzy, or glitchy. Also, the phone occasionally appears completely normal. The phone, in my case, worked fine despite the screen problems.

The fix: I found a thread about someone claiming that the four solder points behind the mini usb port somehow created a short behind the screen. The guide said to, first, completely disassemble your blackberry (sorry I don't have the guide here...could look for it today and send it to anyone that requests) After disassembled down to being able to see the green motherboard with the small screen attached, slightly and carefully peel the left side of the screen (the side that contains the mini usb port) a bit upwards until you can see the four solder points. For the laymen, these solder points are simply 4 grayish/silver spots. While taking care to not lift the screen excessively and leaving the majority still attached to the motherboard, take a piece of electrical tape, or any insulator and carefully put it over those four solder points.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty43081 View Post
    You shouldn't return your phone over that its a 500 dollar piece of equipment. And since it was released very recently there will be kinks in the os. There will most likely be an os fix for this and others to come.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Are you on crack? Who cares how much it cost. What are we suppose to do wait just because of the cost? A sprint tech told me it is a known issue with this phone. Do you really think a OS update will fix it? Are you some kind of phone expert I doubt that.. Mine has been like this all day while at work. I can't even make a call. So genius how would a OS update fix a problem when you can even access your phone.. When you something like a phone if it does not live up to its name, you return it, what do you think a warranty is for.