This theme is the next generation of my prior tweaked theme for 5.0 devices. The goal is to take the excellent Precision theme and tweak it a bit to be less obtrusive. The theme was originally created for 4.6/5.0 devices, but with the latest 5.0 leaks, some incompatibilities were found. This theme addresses those incompatibilities and adds a fade transition effect when opening apps/moving from homescreen to appscreen. The focus icon has also changed to the blue focus icon, which I find I prefer.

Unfortunately, one of the necessary changes is that the app screen no longer matches the homescreen. It's a limitation of theme builder, and if it is removed, I will update the theme to match. Personally I think it'd be much better if the appscreen image matched the homescreen. Apparently RIM disagrees, to the point where it doesn't seem like it can be done. If anyone has any ideas on this, I'm all ears.

There are four versions, bottom dock, today, bottom dock with weather slot, and by request, a kitchen sink weather version with today. Enjoy.

OTA downloads:

Bottom Dock

Bottom Dock with Today

Bottom Dock with Weather

Bottom Dock with Weather and Today

Since I can't make the appscreen image match the homescreen, I offer the theme builder files themselves for everyone to play with to their hearts content. Want your own background for the app screen? Hate the colors and fonts? Customize it however you like.

Bottom Dock

Bottom Dock with Today

Bottom Dock with Weather

Bottom Dock with Weather and Today
    Last edited by tspderek; 02-17-10 at 01:45 PM.
    02-13-10 08:23 PM
    Thank you. Nice of you to provide the source files. :-)
    02-13-10 08:59 PM
    Yeah, thanks! I know one thing I wanted to add is the transparent background like the oem precision zen them behind the bottom dock.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-13-10 10:38 PM
    Thank you so much. I love the first version of this theme, and already love this version since my 5.0 UG. But thank you even more for the .jad files. I've been trying to make a theme on my one with no real luck, but this is a real boost.

Again, Thank You
    02-14-10 12:55 AM
    Thank you. It looks better than your previous tweaked theme. I just downloaded with weather slot. But, not like previous with weather slot, it doesn't have preview if I highlighted calendar as well as when I highlighted messages icon when there's incoming message. Can you make weather slot with today? Uh and also when I highlighted weather slot, it didn't give me info about the weather.
    02-14-10 05:48 AM
    I just updated the weather version to include the application info. You're right - having it there is appropriate for that theme.
    02-14-10 09:30 AM
    Did you also put today on weather version? Weather Slot, Calendar and Messages preview features are the most useful theme for me .
    02-14-10 11:22 AM
    Did you also put today on weather version? Weather Slot, Calendar and Messages preview features are the most useful theme for me .
    I second that. I use the calendar today constantly to make sure I know what my schedule is coming up. Could you add that to the bottom dock weather?
    02-14-10 11:25 AM
    Hey I just downloaded it. I notice the weather slot is quite shadowy. In prev theme you made it clean, just the icon without shadow or whatever its name is. And of course calendar today isn't there..
    02-14-10 12:20 PM
    Hey I just downloaded it. I notice the weather slot is quite shadowy. In prev theme you made it clean, just the icon without shadow or whatever its name is. And of course calendar today isn't there..
    I don't like the "shadow" behind the weather icon either but having the calendar today when you scroll over it is the biggest deal IMO. Also, I've noticed that the weather icon slot doesn't update. I have BeWeather (free edition) and it stays the same all day. When I go into the homescreen menu though it's right, but just not in that 7th icon slot on the main screen
    02-14-10 02:00 PM
    Phenom, what OS are you using? The early 5.0.0.230 based 8330 OS didn't update third party apps on the homescreen. gmail did the same thing to me too. the newer boost mobile based hybrids have that issue resolved. I recommend upgrading.

I've corrected the weather shadow and have created a weather version with a small today area, though I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want so much on your homescreen. ;-)
    02-14-10 02:40 PM
    Phenom, what OS are you using? The early 5.0.0.230 based 8330 OS didn't update third party apps on the homescreen. gmail did the same thing to me too. the newer boost mobile based hybrids have that issue resolved. I recommend upgrading.

I've corrected the weather shadow and have created a weather version with a small today area, though I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want so much on your homescreen. ;-)
    Just DL'ed the weather today and looks great. Thanks a ton for fixing the weather icon shadow and adding the today, I really appreciate. I tried finding other themes but gave up after a hour because yours is the only one I like. I have the Verizon 8530 running the latest official OS from Verizon 5.0.0.337. Hopefully it's just something that I can fix with a battery pull. I do have wallpaper shuffle app running so maybe that is affecting the weather icon refresh. Thanks again!
    02-14-10 03:01 PM
    Great! You've fixed everything less than a day!! Bottom Dock with Weather and Today is a dope!! Thanks so much tspderek!!! FTW!!
    02-14-10 03:48 PM
    This theme is cool, can yuhh make it 4 the os 4.6?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 04:15 PM
    tweaked2 is for 5.0 devices. look for the original precision tweaked theme for 4.6 devices.
    02-14-10 04:57 PM
    My weather icon is still not updating the correct temp. It works fine in my menu but just not when it's positioned in the 7th icon weather slot. I'm on Verizon 8530 5.0.0.337. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me? I'm using beweather (free edition). The only time I can get it to "update" is when I go to the theme options and reset theme layout. Any help would be much appreciated.

p.s. I did 2 battery pulls already
    02-14-10 05:17 PM
    That comes down to the OS build you're using. There's a newer build, .459, that you might want to try. It works properly in the 5.0.0.438 hybrids for the 8330, and most likely will in the newer 8530 OS builds as well. It didn't work in the prior 8330 5.0 leak either.

I'm using it right now with the weather network app and it's updating with no issues.
    02-14-10 05:34 PM
    My weather icon is still not updating the correct temp. It works fine in my menu but just not when it's positioned in the 7th icon weather slot. I'm on Verizon 8530 5.0.0.337. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me? I'm using beweather (free edition). The only time I can get it to "update" is when I go to the theme options and reset theme layout. Any help would be much appreciated.

The not updating is an OS issue we think is related to transitions. I don't have this theme downloaded so I don't know if there are transitions in it, but if you are comfortable doing so I'd recommend upgrading to .459. The icons update just fine on that OS build!
    02-14-10 07:49 PM
    there you go.
    02-14-10 07:50 PM

I have this same issue on my 8530 that came with 5.0.0.3xx from U.S. Cellular. Should I go ahead and update to another official OS release for the 8530? And what build is having the least amount of problems?
    02-14-10 07:54 PM
    i think the latest and greatest 5.0 is the only one that updates properly.
    02-14-10 08:51 PM
    The not updating is an OS issue we think is related to transitions. I don't have this theme downloaded so I don't know if there are transitions in it, but if you are comfortable doing so I'd recommend upgrading to .459. The icons update just fine on that OS build!
    I upgraded to .459 and it works flawlessly now. Definitely the OS in .337 issue.
    02-17-10 12:27 AM
    I've been using this theme for about 3 days now and I have to say it's the best I've ever had! Like you, I prefer the OEM theme, but I need the hidden today feature and I do like the fade-effect transitions. I've tried a number of free themes and quite a few premium themes, but this one far surpasses anything else I've seen. It must have taken a lot of effort and I really appreciate your making it available. Thanks

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-17-10 06:11 AM
    Hey tspderek, the theme builder link to DL to customize Bottom Dock with Weather and Today is bad.
    02-17-10 01:20 PM
    fixed. thanks.
    02-17-10 01:46 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD