View Poll Results: Does your theme have to be wallpaper friendly?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have to be able to change the picture.

8 61.54%
  • Nope, I'm not set on any one picture.

1 7.69%
  • Neither, depends on the theme.

4 30.77%
    I've got a few ideas for themes that I'd like to make, but they probably aren't wallpaper friendly. That got me thinking, how important is it that the theme YOU use is wallpaper friendly?
    01-07-11 11:17 PM
    Its important to me, but I have seen some cool themes that I liked that had no wallpaper, so give us some screenshots and we'll let you know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-11 11:24 PM
    The theme I use puts my wallpaper in the window. 90% of my wallpaper fit (although the theme is a WINTER theme so only about 60% "work")...but ya pay for whatcha get...$3.99 Milk & Cookies by VinceThePrince...{FYI my battery meter is the glass of milk/signal "bars'' are the cookies on the plate}...I always change the "wallie". It , and arranging icons, are the only TRUE way to make every theme YOURS.

01-08-11 04:31 AM
    I've got a few ideas for themes that I'd like to make, but they probably aren't wallpaper friendly. That got me thinking, how important is it that the theme YOU use is wallpaper friendly?
    Wallpaper friendly is not very important to me; but you will lower interest in your theme. If I don't like, I won't download.

01-08-11 05:00 AM
    Wallpaper friendly is not very important to me; but you will lower interest in your theme. If I don't like, I won't download.

kinda true, but people go for what they like, take for example hedones goplay, i dont believe ya can hide the stuff on that, so its not wp friendly, yet its very high in the charts.

i think some themes can justify being non wp friendly for the design. im always torn in the middle, i love my wallpapers, but if the theme gives extra functionality then its (somtimes) a prioce worth paying.

that said anything can be hidden at the press of a button, so the theme dev can easily make a non wp friendly theme wp frindly most of the time too
    01-08-11 07:38 AM
    Being wallpaper friendlly is almost a dealbreaker for me, but I am in the search for what I think will be the perfect theme for me. I do have a few themes that are not wallpaper friendly and I do use them. I change wallpapers at the very least daily, sometimes 3-4 times a day. I have been known to change the theme that often too. It all boils down to personal choice.

The best piece of advice I have seen for themebuilders is: please the client that made the request if that is what you are working on, & if it's not a requested theme, please yourself. You will never please everyone.

01-08-11 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD