I just got a blackberry curve 8530 Never had a blackberry b4.. I have been trying to get some themes for it.. I have successfully downloaded some but when I go to options and themes they aren't there.. Where could they be.. How do I apply them to my phone.. I am so confused and just looking to get the best out of my new phone!
    01-26-10 03:18 PM
    Did you download them OTA ("over the air" aka from a link on the blackberry). Or did you install them via the Desktop Manager

Were they for your device?

For some more information about themes see the link for the FAQ listed below
    01-26-10 03:21 PM
    I did one OTA and one from my blackberry and both said successful.. I am not sure if they were for mine or not how do I know?
    01-26-10 03:40 PM
    Do you have a link to the page you got them from?

Also go to Options>Applications
    And see if they are listed as installed.
    01-26-10 03:41 PM
    I was finally successful I got one from here and it worked.. But I have one folder missing the sms and MMs folder... I think I just downloaded the wrong ones..
    01-26-10 04:37 PM
    It's because your message inbox is set to "combined".

Go into Messages, Menu, Options, General Options, and set "SMS and Email Inboxes" to Separate.

If it already is, the icon is probably just hidden somewhere.
    01-26-10 04:39 PM
    Yay! thank you ! the theme setting was on combined but I changed it and it worked.. Thank you !
    01-26-10 05:36 PM
    Where did you find them i have the exact same problem and they are for my phone i just posted a thread like yours i had not seen yours till now, where dod you find them? Did you have to reboot ur phone or what was the deal?
    01-26-10 05:51 PM
    I just went to forums then down to where it says free themes then looked up the ones under my phone and picked the one I liked.. but you have to do it from your phone for the OTA ones the zip ones I dont know how to do yet.. then it should work and it should be in the theme folder.
    01-26-10 05:58 PM
    I just went to forums then down to where it says free themes then looked up the ones under my phone and picked the one I liked.. but you have to do it from your phone for the OTA ones the zip ones I dont know how to do yet.. then it should work and it should be in the theme folder.
    For zip files you download to your desktop, unzip, and install through desktop manager.
    01-26-10 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD