Seeing as though the "True" OS 6 icons have been extracted from many "Leaked" OS 6 Devices I was wondering if someone could make a Professional High Quality Theme using this Brilliant set (Provided my Blackberry Lab)! It doesn't have to be a OS 6 "replica" theme but anything that will catch your eye such as the icons do!! Thanks ahead of time

-Drake

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 05:26 PM
    I think ill try this, maybe this weekend. I've already downloaded the icons, so it should be okay. Anything else really in mind for it?

08-02-10 05:32 PM
    hi there, not an OS6 theme, but more `5 meets 6` in a blend of the best of both.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f154/xi...themes-506439/
    08-02-10 05:41 PM
    That's premium though....

08-02-10 06:00 PM
    That's premium though....

yup, do you work for free?
    08-02-10 06:07 PM
    I think ill try this, maybe this weekend. I've already downloaded the icons, so it should be okay. Anything else really in mind for it?

It doesn't have to be a replica theme! Something nice, clean layout, great look and functionality! A hidden dock would be nice, no profile icon, transparent items/boxes, a hint of color here and there (just like the icons) and a good background to top it off..

And yes I've seen the premium theme, but I thought "since we have a free set then why not use it"..

08-02-10 06:24 PM
    It doesn't have to be a replica theme! Something nice, clean layout, great look and functionality! A hidden dock would be nice, no profile icon, transparent items/boxes, a hint of color here and there (just like the icons) and a good background to top it off..

And yes I've seen the premium theme, but I thought "since we have a free set then why not use it"..

please dont get me wrong i totally see your point, but these icons are only available because

a) mastamoon (think thats right spelling) shared the icons with the community in their original form
    b) bbthemelab.com hosted these icons for all to download
    c) i spent a fair while resizing, and naming the icons for most devices, then sent them back to bbthemelab.com to be shared (which everyone is happy to now use).

the manhours alone just to bring you the icons (as a collective from all individuals involved) must be well over 3 hours, so $1 is a small fee for that imho.

also the time involved to download and make then upload a theme isnt a ten minute job either

at the end of the day though i`ll say the same as i always do, if you dont think something (not just themes but anything in life) is worth the money, your not obligated to buy it
    08-02-10 06:36 PM
    I work for free. Only on weekends. Ill see what I can do, I'm only a rookie at this.

08-02-10 06:58 PM
    please dont get me wrong i totally see your point, but these icons are only available because

a) mastamoon (think thats right spelling) shared the icons with the community in their original form
    b) bbthemelab.com hosted these icons for all to download
    c) i spent a fair while resizing, and naming the icons for most devices, then sent them back to bbthemelab.com to be shared (which everyone is happy to now use).

the manhours alone just to bring you the icons (as a collective from all individuals involved) must be well over 3 hours, so $1 is a small fee for that imho.

also the time involved to download and make then upload a theme isnt a ten minute job either

at the end of the day though i`ll say the same as i always do, if you dont think something (not just themes but anything in life) is worth the money, your not obligated to buy it
    I get what your saying 100% and if I could commend you in person 1000 times I would do it 1001 because that's how much I appreciate ALL of yalls time and effort!! $1 isn't much for a high quality theme (its actually a D*mn good deal) but in my situation a dollar is something I don't have..I currently am "unemployed" ( because its the summer, I'm 17, and I do sports lol)..And yes, yes, yes themes DON'T come over night ( I've made one myself ) but all I was asking for is a few days of someone's time to bring quality back to the 85xx because we lack in theme availability..this theme isn't just for me! I want it to be for the people here at Crackberry ..

08-02-10 07:02 PM
    I work for free. Only on weekends. Ill see what I can do, I'm only a rookie at this.

sorry maybe my point came across wrong, for some people themes are their livelihood, not just a hobby, so imagine if you walked into work and your boss said your working for free and he ent paying ya, its not going to happen is it.

either way if you valued your time at (a very low rate) of $6 an hour, you would need to make, upload and post a theme within 10 minutes (including testing) to make it worthwhile over a $1 theme.

this is why even though i make themes i buy others too, because if i like something its cheaper time wise for me to pay a few bucks rather than take a while to create something.

that was the point i was trying to make, my appologies for coming across wrong in the first post.
    08-02-10 07:05 PM
    @17 year old, I forgot ur name. I hear ya. I'm only 13 and got no $$ for themes so I started making my own. Ill definitely try this theme, just give it time.

Last edited by gogrizzgo_themes; 08-02-10 at 07:08 PM.
    08-02-10 07:06 PM

Ok! And thanks! This is much appreciated!..

08-02-10 07:06 PM
    I work for free cuz I want everyone to see my themes, whether they have $ or not, and maybe when people start liking them a lot ill take some to premium, but I'm not there yet.

08-02-10 07:10 PM
    @17 year old, I forgot ur name. I hear ya. I'm only 13 and got no $$ for themes so I started making my own. Ill definitely try this theme, just give it time.

Its Drake and thanks again..

08-02-10 07:44 PM
    love the theme 5 meets 6.. nice. let me know if gogrizz makes a better one.. i cant seam to figure out how to make the theme without errors and warnings.. i need some help with that..
    08-02-10 08:21 PM
    Well I updated my os6 v2 theme with new wallpapers and the official icons. I guess ill release it soon.

08-02-10 09:15 PM
    Can't Wait to see it Firewind
    08-02-10 09:56 PM
    Me too!..

08-02-10 10:04 PM
    Lets do it.. lol
    08-05-10 03:47 PM
    How's tha theme com'n along??..