Hi everyone!

Here's my latest theme, Purple Candy - I named it that because it's candy to my eyes, hehe! Anyway, I've been working on it for quite some time now, and I'm FINALLY happy with it to share with everyone.

There are two versions of this theme, for both OS5 and OS4.6.1; one with a Hidden Today, and one without. I know there are quite a few people who don't like the Today versions (I'm one of them ), so I made both.

About the theme:

• NO transitions
    • 11 mini icons, plus weather slot
    • Hidden Dock (press SPACE to SHOW it, and ESCAPE/BACK to HIDE)
    • Hidden Today shows 5 items, and is accessible on Icons 8 and 9 in your applications list
    • Hotkeys are as follows:
      Manage Connections > $
      Clock > C (shift + c)
      Facebook > F (shift + f)
      Twitter > T (shift + t)
      MeterBerry > 0 (zero)

================================================== =
    Purple Candy OS5 versions updated to v2.2.0

Fixes lag reported on 8530
    Also adds the BlackBerry logo when receiving Registration messages on OS .9xx and higher

Purple Candy updated to v2.0.0:

The wallpaper is now embedded within the theme!
    Icons have been updated to the official OS6 icons!

Purple Candy is now available for 97xx/96xx/89xx!

Get Purple Candy Here

Enjoy it!

Show your appreciation by donating! Thank you!

Last edited by miz_pimp; 02-02-11 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Updated theme
    mzken33563 and JB Designs like this.
    08-21-10 03:30 PM
    I'm so psyched to try this one out! (:

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-10 03:58 PM
    Carbon Blue is now my second favorite as this one has taken it's place.

Can't wait to download and try it

Edit: Just checked, a download for 0S 4.6 is up
    Will this theme be available for OS 5 as well?

Last edited by djjonny; 08-21-10 at 04:52 PM.
    08-21-10 04:24 PM
    This is a really nice theme and my fav second color cant wait for the ota good job keep it up
    08-21-10 05:35 PM
    Carbon Blue is now my second favorite as this one has taken it's place.

Can't wait to download and try it

Edit: Just checked, a download for 0S 4.6 is up
    Will this theme be available for OS 5 as well?

Yeh, I'm still waiting for the three other OTAs to be approved; two for OS5, and the other one for OS4.6.

I don't know why they're taking so long to approve them all... Anyhoo, I'm glad you guys like it!
    08-21-10 06:11 PM
    Hi everyone!

Here's my latest theme, Purple Candy - I named it that because it's candy to my eye, lol! Anyway, I've been working on it for quite some time now, and I'm FINALLY happy with it to share with everyone.

NOTE: I'm just waiting for my OTAs to be approved to upload the theme; hopefully it won't be too long. Until then, feel free to leave your thoughts/opinions after the jump!

There are two versions of this theme; one with a Hidden Today, and one without. I know there are quite a few people who don't like the Today versions (I'm one of them ), so I made both.

About the theme:

• It has NO transitions
    • Hidden Dock (press SPACE to SHOW it, and ESCAPE/BACK to HIDE)
    • Hidden Today shows 5 items, and is accessible on Icons 8 and 9 in your applications list
    • Profiles icon is accessible, and cannot be changed.
    • Hotkeys are as follows:
      Manage Connections > $
      Clock > C
      Facebook > F
      Twitter > T
      MeterBerry > 0 (zero)

Please note that I HAVE NOT embedded the wallpaper into the theme, as to not bulk it up too much. I will, however, add the wallpaper to this post. I found it while browsing the internet

Also, I will NOT be making any changes to this theme whatsoever.
    What do you use to make an image of your themes like that? I am assuming Photoshop? Would you mind pointing me in the right direction for a tutorial or some link on how to do something like that, thank you.

If you are using mybbota for your OTA's sometimes if you tweet them or send them a PM, they will get back to you/post it right away if it's been a while.
    Last edited by arsenalsocal; 08-21-10 at 07:09 PM.
    08-21-10 07:04 PM
    What do you use to make an image of your themes like that? I am assuming Photoshop? Would you mind pointing me in the right direction for a tutorial or some link on how to do something like that, thank you.

If you are using mybbota for your OTA's sometimes if you tweet them or send them a PM, they will get back to you/post it right away if it's been a while.
    Yep, I used Photoshop, and Paint.Net. I didn't use a tutorial; I basically just played around with the screenshots, etc, in PS and P.N (I'm still new to all this, hehe!).

I uploaded the themes a few hours ago, but if I don't get them approved by tomorrow, I'll definitely contact them. Thanks!
    08-21-10 07:18 PM
    Yep, I used Photoshop, and Paint.Net. I didn't use a tutorial; I basically just played around with the screenshots, etc, in PS and P.N (I'm still new to all this, hehe!).

I uploaded the themes a few hours ago, but if I don't get them approved by tomorrow, I'll definitely contact them. Thanks!
    I am not that good with Photoshop. I have played around with it to do something similar, but I usually get stuck with layers and some of them being locked and stuff. Alright, thanks for the info anyways.
    08-21-10 07:53 PM
    The OTAs have been approved and uploaded! Enjoy!!

I am not that good with Photoshop. I have played around with it to do something similar, but I usually get stuck with layers and some of them being locked and stuff. Alright, thanks for the info anyways.
    I'm not either, lol! Browse the internet for tutorials on photoshop. There are too many, which actually confused me because I didn't know where to start, but some of them aren't too bad.

I'll PM you the (few) links I have...
    08-21-10 08:04 PM
    Just installed the version without today.

Oh my word! This theme is awesome. You've just dethroned your previous themes, Carbon Blue / Pink & Black from their Best Theme Ever position with this one

I don't think this theme can get any better. :-)
    Very, very well done!

Just one query, "C" opens Compose not Clock but that's not a prob at all

08-21-10 08:22 PM
    Thanks, djjonny!

Sorry, I'll update my first post, as I should've specified that the clock is opened by pressing Shift + c.

08-21-10 08:30 PM
    Thanks, djjonny!

Sorry, I'll update my first post, as I should've specified that the clock is opened by pressing Shift + c.

No Worries :-)

08-21-10 09:00 PM
    LOVE love love it! Purple is my favorite color! Its amazing! Thank u so much for sharing

08-22-10 12:48 AM
    Thank you for everything I wanted in a theme! A hidden dock, no hidden today, and a weather slot. And the little extra of the alternate text too! I will be rockin' this theme for awhile! Thanks for sharing your talent!

08-22-10 02:04 AM
    So pretty. Thank you.

08-22-10 08:02 AM
    Perfection! Love it!
    08-22-10 11:08 AM
    This theme is amazing!! Pink and black was my favorite, but I'm afraid this on has taken its place!! I have a purple BB, so this theme just looks great! And thank you for sharing the wallpaper as well! Great job!!

08-22-10 12:12 PM
    Love it!!! Thank you.

08-22-10 12:24 PM
    Hi Miz

If you have a moment, please could you look at the incoming call screen?

Not sure if I did something wrong but it always displays the incoming caller's I'd off center to the right.

Otherwise 100% perfect

08-22-10 02:59 PM
    Djjonny, can you post a screenshot of the incoming call screen, please? Maybe I can try to sort it out.

08-22-10 03:35 PM
    Any plans for a more manly color version?? This theme is beautiful!! But purple isn't the most manly of colors. Lol

08-22-10 07:05 PM
    Any plans for a more manly color version?? This theme is beautiful!! But purple isn't the most manly of colors. Lol

Lmao, I know, and I was waiting for someone to mention that! Hehehe! I don't have any plans at the moment, but I'm pretty sure it won't take my fianc� too long to ask for a manlier version

Oh, and thank you!
    Last edited by miz_pimp; 08-22-10 at 07:27 PM.
    08-22-10 07:24 PM
    Djjonny, can you post a screenshot of the incoming call screen, please? Maybe I can try to sort it out.

Hi Miz

Please see attached incoming call image

Thanks
    08-23-10 05:07 AM
    Hi Miz

Please see attached incoming call image

Thanks
    I'll have to just make the call screen fonts a bit smaller, and that should fix the problem. Just to be sure, you are talking about their number, right?

Will fix it as soon as I can.
    08-23-10 10:32 AM
    OK I'm new to this, hehe, how do I download purple candy to my blackberry to use? I have an 8900...
    08-23-10 10:46 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD