Bold 9700/Bold 9650/Tour 9630/Curve 8900/Curve 8500

Current version: v2.2 - Wednesday, July 14/2010
    Price: $3.99
    Recognition: Featured on the CrackBerry Theme Roundup for July 12/2010! Thanks for everyone who recommended this theme, you guys are the best!

CrackBerry is giving away 50 free copies of the theme away, so if you're able to wait until they announce the winners, which could possibly be you, then head on over to this link here and leave a comment. Contest ends this Sunday, July 18 at Midnight PST. Please only leave one comment, multiple entries wont count. Thanks goes out to everyone for your ongoing support, feedback, and compliments, I wouldn't have the motivation to do what I do without you!

A lot of you have been asking me when I would get this theme ported for the 85xx devices, because you feel left out... well HERE IT IS! What's even better is that I'm releasing this theme as the latest version 2.0, with some of the newest enhancements and modifications, which is something none of the other devices have reached yet! (they're still on v1.4 of the theme) I hope this is enough compensation for making you wait =)

Description

As a proud Nexus One owner, I felt inclined to have that same look and feel on my BlackBerry, and what better time than now to celebrate the official release of Android 2.2 codename Froyo (Frozen Yogurt)?!

From the creator who brought you the widely popular ONYXia series, XM-BB, and Series 7 themes, I present to you my most ambitious and technically advanced theme yet: Frozen Yogurt!

YouTube Demo Video - Click . Please note that the video capturing software slows my poor laptop down immensely, affecting the speed at which the simulator operates. The theme will no doubt run at a MUCH smoother pace on your actual phone, this video is for demonstration purposes only. When in doubt, don't take my word for it; read the many comments about how fast this theme runs on the actual phone =)

Features

- Over 1400 lines of fully optimized, custom-coded SVG
    - Rich, fully-skinned interface supports a full departure from the rather boring BlackBerry look and feel
    - 5 scrollable homescreens with panoramic wallpapers (very wide wallpapers that slide left and right as you navigate left and right through the multiple screens)
    - Google Search widget (launches the Google website, will implement a fully-working integrated search bar in upcoming versions)
    - Power Control widget contains 6 most used daily functions
    - A pair of TWO 5-icon user-defined bottom docks + Froyo-styled 2-icon launcher dock which is also user-definable
    - IN-THEME Wallpaper Changer. Ability to change the panoramic wallpaper, or use your own wallpaper (see screenshots)
    - IN-THEME Settings Screen. Ability to toggle widgets and Today screen background on or off (see screenshots)
    - Dedicated Today screen for SMS, Messages, and Calendar
    - Spacebar launches QuickLaunch (sold separately)
    - Dollar sign ($) launches SMS
    - User-defined font size (except Dialog Boxes and Menu Pop-Ups
    - Lightning-quick performance. Those who are coming from my previous work know what to expect when I say this

Notes

- First 5 applications are for the main dock, app slot #6 corresponds to the left app on the Froyo dock, app slot #7 corresponds to the right app on the Froyo dock, you must place my included Web Link: Google in app slot #8, and finally slot #9 is your Weather App of choice

- the Lock application does not exist in the newest revisions of OS 5, so it will have no function in the Power Control widget for those who are running it. On the other hand, those with OS 4.7 or even earlier revisions of OS 5 will benefit from the Lock button in the Power Control widget

- As always, perform a battery pull of at least 30 seconds after successfully installing the theme to ensure maximum performance

Purchase

Click HERE to purchase Frozen Yogurt

Thanks

As always, thanks for taking the time to view, and I hope you can consider purchasing this high-quality theme. Support is always in this thread if you need it, I am at your service =)

- Vince

Change Log

v2.2 - Wednesday, July 14/2010
    - Fixed major clock/calendar bug
    - Moved SMS/Messages/Calendar Today items down a bit
    - Made SMS/Messages/Calendar scrollable to
    - FroYo dock launches app screen now
    - Forgot to include shortcuts for spacebar for QuickLaunch and dollar sign ($) for SMS, oops!

v2.0 - Monday, July 12/2010
    - initial release
    Last edited by VinceThePrince; 07-14-10 at 12:44 PM.
    07-12-10 11:26 AM
    This looks like it will be an awesome theme, and one that others will, hopefully try and measure up to. The widgets and other features are intriguing, to say the least. And, the price is not out of control like some more simpler themes.
    07-12-10 12:08 PM
    i just downloaded this on my curve 8520 on os 4.6 , and my call menus or screens look nothing like in the pictures , instead of the orange highlighting mine is blue , and i have 2 question , what does the button imbetween the 2 on the dock do? ive pressed it and nothing happened , and how do you make the homescreen wallpaper the same as the lockscreen wallpaper?

the only thing that i was a bit disapointed with were the menu screens , i liked the slick orange highlighting , but it didnt work for me.
    07-12-10 11:43 PM
    Yo Fresh Prince. Lol welcome back! Love the theme, only issue I see is I can't set my alarm. U tryin to make me late for work or what? Lmao

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 05:52 AM
    This theme looks amazing! I told myself that I would never pay for a theme when I can get hundreds for free in the forums but I'm seriously considering this...looks fantastic!
    07-13-10 08:30 AM
    This theme looks amazing! I told myself that I would never pay for a theme when I can get hundreds for free in the forums but I'm seriously considering this...looks fantastic!
    Second that, especially when I make my own themes. It does looky very nice, very very tempted.
    07-13-10 08:33 AM
    I just got it. I generally don't buy themes, however I had to try this one out. So far, I have spent 30 mins working on getting it to my own favorite setup and layout and love it.

My ONLY request is that I want to be able to change what is in the "Power Control Widget." It has 60% of what I want in it.
    07-13-10 08:46 AM
    i just downloaded this on my curve 8520 on os 4.6 , and my call menus or screens look nothing like in the pictures , instead of the orange highlighting mine is blue , and i have 2 question , what does the button imbetween the 2 on the dock do? ive pressed it and nothing happened , and how do you make the homescreen wallpaper the same as the lockscreen wallpaper?

the only thing that i was a bit disapointed with were the menu screens , i liked the slick orange highlighting , but it didnt work for me.
    Hi Snipa, sorry that those elements of the theme are not skinned for you. Unfortunately, with OS 4.6, there is a limitation that doesn't let us themers touch those with the theme. If you are willing to upgrade to OS 5, I will definitely allow you to switch to that version of the theme. If not, please let me know where you want to go from here. Either way, allow me to accommodate you, and thank-you for your purchase and support

As for the button in-between, I haven't quite decided what to do with it yet. In the 1.x versions, it used to launch the Settings screen, but as you can see that is more conveniently located at the right-most screen. I was hoping I could get some feedback/ideas from you guys, actually, since it's your theme too!

Yo Fresh Prince. Lol welcome back! Love the theme, only issue I see is I can't set my alarm. U tryin to make me late for work or what? Lmao

Thanks Ryan, it's good to be back. As you can see I'm no longer on BBM, so feel free to email me or Facebook if you'd like. As for the alarm issue, I believe I had this same problem on the other devices but I was able to fix it... does it happen when you try to change the alarm time? And can you also try making a calendar event, and then changing the time of the event after? Thanks again!

I'm not one to endorse peer pressure, but I say do ittt! Haha but on a serious note, watch the video, take a look at some screenshots, and read what others have to say about it. The best decision is an informed decision

I just got it. I generally don't buy themes, however I had to try this one out. So far, I have spent 30 mins working on getting it to my own favorite setup and layout and love it.

My ONLY request is that I want to be able to change what is in the "Power Control Widget." It has 60% of what I want in it.
    I'm glad you bit the bullet and purchased, I am deeply humbled and I hope it was worth it for yah! I'm very sorry I cannot honour your request, the way I have it set up is so it highlights in that fashion where it sort of lights up a little, I would have to completely rework the code to get it user-definable. Sorry about that, I hope everything else is fine for you though
    07-13-10 09:50 AM
    I'm glad you bit the bullet and purchased, I am deeply humbled and I hope it was worth it for yah! I'm very sorry I cannot honour your request, the way I have it set up is so it highlights in that fashion where it sort of lights up a little, I would have to completely rework the code to get it user-definable. Sorry about that, I hope everything else is fine for you though
    No need to do that, I didnt know just how it was done or if it were possible. However, if you get to the point to do a rewrite, maybe add that to the list of possibilities.

I am still getting used to it and finally have the rest of the layout and what icons go what order to end up in the right place. I do like it.
    07-13-10 11:30 AM
    Thank You for replying Vince , when I upgrade to OS 5 , I will definately look to upgrade this theme , if you are able to provide me with a copy of that when I upgrade , I will more than satisfied

The middle buttion in the dock , I was thinking it could launch the app screen?

And how do you change the lockscreen background ?

Thanks a bunch dude.

07-13-10 11:32 AM
    Very nice slick theme VinceThePrince. I am also not one to buy themes, but after looking at the screenshots it was hard to not. Been playing around with it and like everything so far. Just a few questions for you. In the today section, with the Sms, msgs, and calander, is there anyway to allow scrolling through those? As opposed to just being able to view what's on the screen? Hope that makes sense haha. Also, when future updates are available for this theme, will we be prompted to download that? I will continue to play around with it and let you know if I have anymore questions. But thanks for the amazing theme. Best I have used so far!

07-13-10 02:36 PM
    Both alarm and calendar don't work when trying to set alarm. Oh and another thing. Is there anyway of programming my own pics in the wallpaper section? If so what pixel would they have to be?

Grape drink

07-13-10 03:39 PM
    Is anyone else having alarm problems with this theme? I use my phone for that every morning and don't want to buy it only to find that I can't use that feature

07-13-10 05:47 PM
    @ Snipa7 - yup, just keep me updated when you upgrade your OS. And yes I will probably make it launch the app screen, just like the way it does on a real Android. As for the lockscreen, it's usually never something I take into consideration because newer versions of OS 5 don't even have a formal lockscreen anymore.

@ bbpound - in a future update, I intend to make those Today items scrollable to. Sorry, it was an oversight on my part, I will fix that. Also, when I update the theme, you will get an email from MobiHand automatically prompting you to update. Thanks for the compliment and your support, I appreciate it all =)

@ ryan & laney - this is the same glitch that plagued me on the 480x360 resolution devices... thankfully I was able to find a fix for that, and I'm 99% sure it's the same fix for your devices as well. I intend to push an update out VERY soon, thanks for your patience, support, and feedback!

- Vince
    07-13-10 11:03 PM
    Vinsanity is back! Lol

07-13-10 11:23 PM
    I do buy some themes every now and then but I wanna see some screen shots posted of this theme by others and how they have customized it. The last theme I bought was Brisk by MM and that theme is hard to beat.
    07-13-10 11:41 PM
    Hey everyone, just updated the theme to v2.2 and I fixed a lot of things that you guys were reporting, as well as made a few minor tweaks, I hope you like it =)

- Vince

@ Hypnotic - There are a few screenshots over at the 9700 forums I believe of what people have done.
    07-14-10 10:09 AM
    I do buy some themes every now and then but I wanna see some screen shots posted of this theme by others and how they have customized it. The last theme I bought was Brisk by MM and that theme is hard to beat.
    Actually, I dug around and here are some links to some direct posts by others.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/what...ml#post5329961

http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/po...ml#post5343056

http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/po...ml#post5330356
    07-14-10 10:17 AM
    Here are a couple of mine. I just upgraded to the latest version.
    07-14-10 11:37 AM
    Here are a couple of mine. I just upgraded to the latest version.
    Just as I suspected... looks great!
    07-14-10 11:41 AM
    Runs very nice after the update. Tons of different looks for this theme, so it stays fresh. Only question I have right now is if there is anyway to be able to view who your new Sms is from on the today screen? I am able to see who a new e-mail was from but not anything in the Sms section. Other than the red notification over it. Amazing theme though! Highly reccomend.

07-14-10 11:45 AM
    Runs very nice after the update. Tons of different looks for this theme, so it stays fresh. Only question I have right now is if there is anyway to be able to view who your new Sms is from on the today screen? I am able to see who a new e-mail was from but not anything in the Sms section. Other than the red notification over it. Amazing theme though! Highly reccomend.

I believe that is an OS-related dilemma. Newer revisions of OS5 count SMS as a Today item, while older revisions of OS 5 and all of OS 4.6/4.7 do not.

Either way, I love this theme and it's my daily driver until I create something even better
    07-14-10 12:36 PM
    This may sound like a "noob" question , but its my first time buying a theme , how do I get the update ?

07-14-10 02:25 PM
    Just bought the theme...but I haven't gotten the email for it yet!
    07-14-10 02:27 PM
    This may sound like a "noob" question , but its my first time buying a theme , how do I get the update ?

Not even a problem at all! I'm actually quite glad it's the first theme you ever bought, makes me feel good =)

Anyways, what you want to do is wait for an automatically generated email from MobiHand, this informs you that there is a new version available. Then, just log into your account and you should see all of your purchases, with a download link for the latest version.

Just bought the theme...but I haven't gotten the email for it yet!
    Yeah, I guess it takes them a while sometimes to send it, sorry! Wish I could do something for yah =/
    07-14-10 02:30 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD