NOW RELEASED - 20% off Until July 18th, 2010!
    GET IT HERE

Theme: boxBerry by KD
    Devices: 8350, 8500 Series, 8900/8950 Curve, 9000/9700 Bold, Storm 1 + 2, 9600 Tour Series
    Special Thanks: Team WJD, John Piper (Major help on some coding aspects, I respect his knowledge and highly reccomend his themes, CLICK HIS NAME!)
    OTA Download: http://software.crackberry.com/product.asp?id=69371
    YouTube Video Preview:

boxBerry by KD takes your Blackberry and turns it into a lean mean organization machine!

Theme: boxBerry by KD
    Devices: 8350, 8500 Series, 8900/8950 Curve, 9000/9700 Bold, Storm 1 + 2, 9600 Tour Series
    Special Thanks: Team WJD, John Piper (Major help on some coding aspects, I respect his knowledge and highly reccomend his themes, CLICK HIS NAME!)
    OTA Download: http://software.crackberry.com/product.asp?id=69371
    YouTube Video Preview:

boxBerry Features:
    • KDs reliable, quick and efficient Customer Service
    • A completely re-done interface for your homescreen
    • As you tap the labeled Tabs (ex: Messaging, as displayed) the tab will slide open revealing the contents in the panel and pushing other panels to the sides of the screen
    • Easy access to every Blackberry native day-to-day application such as Calendar, Messages, Media, Profiles and many more
    • A quick scrollbar at the bottom of the screen with user-definable icons for any native or 3rd party app you want to place there
    • Dedicated Calendar and Messages Today entries in the Messaging Panel so you can always see which upcoming appointments or new emails you have received.
    • To be available for Storm1&2 and MOST Trackball devices
    Last edited by kdjayo; 07-16-10 at 01:04 AM.
    07-12-10 06:19 PM
    NOW RELEASED - 20% off Until July 18th, 2010!
    GET IT HERE
    07-12-10 07:27 PM
    For those still on the edge and interested in a detailed feature for feature description please check out this article running down boxBerry frame for frame:

What are you waiting for?
    07-14-10 03:09 PM
    boxBerry Video Preview is LIVE!!!

Video was Put together by Wayne from http://wjddesigns.com

07-16-10 01:02 AM
    Would like to hear feedback from people who have brought it , because it only got 1 star : /

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 05:05 PM
    Just downloaded for curve 8520 4.6 , and its very buuggyy even after a battery pull , especially on the home page , when I try to scroll up to access my today items , and sms , messenger etc... It slides to the 2nd then 3rd page.

Hopefully an update could solve this problem. Thank you.

07-18-10 11:28 PM
    I have downloaded it for 8520 5.0 but had the same issues, i changed the theme and then changed back to the boxberry and has been working fine ever since... may be worth a try.

Also another fault i have noticed is that when you try to set an alarm it doesnt show up on the screen, not sure if the fonts are set to black so that they blend in or something?
    07-19-10 04:51 AM
    Just downloaded for curve 8520 4.6 , and its very buuggyy even after a battery pull , especially on the home page , when I try to scroll up to access my today items , and sms , messenger etc... It slides to the 2nd then 3rd page.

Hopefully an update could solve this problem. Thank you.

Hi, snipa, the sensitivity on your trackball may be too high, the reason it would be sliding to the second and 3rd page when scrolling up is because you are accidentally scrolling to the left or right when scrolling up at the same time.
    07-19-10 10:41 AM
    I have downloaded it for 8520 5.0 but had the same issues, i changed the theme and then changed back to the boxberry and has been working fine ever since... may be worth a try.

Also another fault i have noticed is that when you try to set an alarm it doesnt show up on the screen, not sure if the fonts are set to black so that they blend in or something?
    In regards to the alarm malfunctioning, I have had a few reports specifically from the 8500 series users that the alarm doesnt open for some reason...I am looking into this as it works on every other device and as themes shouldnt cause any other application to malfunction in any way shape or form...Ill have to get back to you on that one if I can find a fix for it... :\
    07-19-10 10:44 AM
    Yepp , I turned it down and it seems to be okay , there is one thing that does need sorting though , fonts are really unclear and unsharp

07-19-10 11:28 AM

2 bugs have been fixed:

• You should now be able to access the Alarm Application, Though the "Buttons" for dialogue menus (Ok, Cancel, Accept etc) had to be set to default, the device isnt accepting custom buttons for some reason
    • Those having issues re-accessing the Messaging Tabs applications should find the problem resolved

Yepp , I turned it down and it seems to be okay , there is one thing that does need sorting though , fonts are really unclear and unsharp

In regards to the actual devices fonts or the fonts on the homescreen?

The device fonts are all anti-aliased (to prevent jagged edges) and the fonts on the homescreen are all of the highest quality...though I do admit its possible that on older devices the screen resolution may not be able to capture that.
    Last edited by kdjayo; 07-19-10 at 12:16 PM.
    07-19-10 12:13 PM
    Like , on the lockscreen , the "Device is locked" text is way off , there's all these tints of blue and yellow and black etc.. Its just looks really f'ed up , but the fonts and graphics on the homescreenn look fantastic. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about regarding the fonts and can help me resolve it.

Have you released an update?

07-19-10 12:18 PM
    Like , on the lockscreen , the "Device is locked" text is way off , there's all these tints of blue and yellow and black etc.. Its just looks really f'ed up , but the fonts and graphics on the homescreenn look fantastic. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about regarding the fonts and can help me resolve it.

Have you released an update?

Hmmmm Really? The lockscreen is actually all set to default parameters, not one single thing has been edited in the THM file...on the simulator it looks stock as well, but unfortunately I do not own an actual 8530 to test it with my bare hands..

Is any body else having this problem?

Can you maybe take a screenshot and send it to me? ([email protected])
    07-19-10 01:02 PM
    Try upgrading to the 5.0.0.681 OS for the 8520. There is an official release linked on the 8520 forum on BlackberryOS - Your Blackberry RIM Software and RIM Applications Source - I have updated a good number of 8520s here at work for others with no issue. That may solve the problems you are having with this theme.
    07-19-10 01:09 PM
    Its all the general fonts in the theme , not on the homescreen but like in pop up menus , like when I was downloading the update , it says would you to overwrite this , all that font is all wierd and stuff.

And my call screens a bit off , like when I get a call it says incoming call on the skinned wallpaper as it should but then underneath it in the standard black font it says incoming call as well , so hopefully that could be fixed also.

07-19-10 01:09 PM
    Do all my themes on 4.6 work on 5.0 if I update ? That's probably the only thing I'm worried about.

07-19-10 01:12 PM
    If you purchased themes from this site, you are able to swap out the versions. I have done that from the 8320 to the 8520 (4.6 OS) to the 8520 (5.0 OS) with no problem. It just verifies there is a proper version and your account is current. Took me no more than 40 mins to upgrade the OS and have the new version of the themes ready for download.

4.6 to 5.0 is night and day. I love the 5.0 OS and the new theme abilities across the board are amazing.
    07-19-10 01:16 PM
    Do all my themes on 4.6 work on 5.0 if I update ? That's probably the only thing I'm worried about.

I highly suggest you upgrade to 5.0, the difference on your phones performance and quality of the theme will increase dramatically.
    07-19-10 01:21 PM
    Alright , any fixs for the fonts and call screens though?

07-19-10 01:51 PM
    Alright , any fixs for the fonts and call screens though?

Should appear normally once on OS 5.0?
    07-19-10 02:53 PM
    It said there's no update for my device : /

07-19-10 09:44 PM
    It said there's no update for my device : /

What is your device? If it is 8520 or 8530, the link I think I posted earlier would lead you to a downloadable file that will do the upgrade. BlackberryOS - Your Blackberry RIM Software and RIM Applications Source just have to do some reading and thinking.

I have done 32 4.6 to 5.0 8520 and 13 4.6 to 5.0 8530 updates at work myself.
    07-19-10 10:31 PM
    Duhhh silly me , I was going on wireless update on my device. Thanks for the link.

07-19-10 10:36 PM
    Nice theme for those that want something different !
    Not my style !
    Glad i did not buy it, got it free from another internet source !

07-22-10 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD