Would you buy my themes?

I am going to propose to my girlfriend, and I need a ring. I'm looking for a job, but I would like to get her something good. And with Christmas coming up, it feels like the best time. And since I don't yet have a job, I want to get a head start on things. So for all those who've seen my themes... Would you all buy them? I wouldn't make ALL of them free. Requests for free ones can still be made but I really need the money. Just the people who are willing to pay and some good themes I make myself will be premium. But if you think I should, how much would you be willing to pay?

This is just a suggestion... Thank you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 12:05 PM
    first off I want to say congrats (or good luck). Christmas is a wonderful time for it, that's when my hubby popped the question and it was the best present ever!
    As far as your themes, I haven't really seen many of yours because I'm pretty new to the site. I'm extremely picky and change my themes a lot so as of right now, I've only actually paid for one and that was today, I saw the theme, fell in love and even though I am FLAT BROKE, couldn't help myself! The point is, if you make a theme and someone LOVES it, they'll buy it. Everyone has different tastes so it just depends on the person. From what I've seen, $5-$5.99 seems to be about the going rate. I personally think that if someone contacts you asking for a custom them, they should pay (sorry if that offends anyone), you're taking time out of your life to do something for someone you probably don't even know. I DLed Theme Builder and after working for hours, got nowhere... making themes is HARD and takes a lot of time, you should be compensated for that. Just my opinion!
    11-09-10 01:28 PM
    first off I want to say congrats (or good luck). The point is, if you make a theme and someone LOVES it, they'll buy it. Everyone has different tastes so it just depends on the person. From what I've seen, $5-$5.99 seems to be about the going rate. I personally think that if someone contacts you asking for a custom them, they should pay (sorry if that offends anyone), you're taking time out of your life to do something for someone you probably don't even know. I DLed Theme Builder and after working for hours, got nowhere... making themes is HARD and takes a lot of time, you should be compensated for that. Just my opinion!
    Amen to that (and the crowd cheers)!
    11-09-10 01:47 PM
    Don't do my theme for free! Wait till I set up pay pal! Then its on!! Hope u will make that dream come true for u and ur fianc�!!!! Congrads n good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11-10-10 06:43 PM
    NOOOOOOOOoooooo DOOOOOoooooNNNNNnnnnTTTTTTTtttT!!!!...get married that is...HAHAHAHAHEHEHEHE...I HATE (strongly dislike) when people complain that a theme HAS/DOESN'T HAVE something...I WILL, on occasion, suggest things (i.e. focus icon text on home screen larger clock etc.)....BUT a free theme is just that; FREE...I like it; but I aint gonna marry it...HAHAHAHEHEHE...I for one think your *FREE* themes WILL show people the GREAT quaility of work you have already done.

Last edited by mcaples; 11-10-10 at 11:38 PM.
    11-10-10 11:23 PM
    2-3 dollars is a good price for a quality theme...any more and people will complain, any less and you don't make much. For customization on your current themes, I would charge a flat 1 dollar charge for that. If the theme is free then that is totally your choice, you've posted it here and it's done. If someone wants something special that's going to make you have to go back and redo or re-code some things then you should be reimbursed for you time and extra effort on a theme that's already done. Just my 2 cents

Good luck with the proposing!
    11-11-10 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD