Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default GPS Logger that Links to Excel

Hi There,

I have a Blackberry Curve 8520 and I am looking for an App that can log exact GPS coordinates according to when I press a button and save this in an excel or excel compatible format.
    Does anyone know of any cheap or free apps that would do this? The ones I have tried so far- GPS Waypoint Manager, GPS tracker and GPS Logger none of which seem to be working for me.

Thanks for the help.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    15,147 Global Posts

Default Re: GPS Logger that Links to Excel

I haven't used BlackStar in some time, but this feature might meet your need.
    BlackStar now supports Track Management functionality. With this, you may now record, save, and export your track as you use BlackStar. This is perfect for recording a trip, exercise, or just to see where you've been.
    I used it on several BlackBerry models. It's free and it works well. You can find it here Blackstar Navigation.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    759 Global Posts

Default Re: GPS Logger that Links to Excel

GPSLogger II (and even GPSLogger) does what you like to have -

1)
    In the Export Options select the 'CSV' format (uncheck the others if you don't need them

2)
    After you have finished your logging you can go to the Path Manager and select the previously logged path and select the Export option from the menu

3)
    On the FileSystem of your BlackBerry you can now find the CSV will all logged data of your path/recording

4)
    Alternatively you can instantly eMail you the CSV as eMail attachment (or you use Filescout/FileScoutLite to transfer the file to a PC/Mac e.g. via the WiFiSharing Option)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Hi Jeff,

Thanks so much! I have downloaded Blackstar and it seems to be working so if I have any issues with it I'll let you know. We are trying to log the locations of trees we plant and this will help alot.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Hi emacf1,

Thanks for that but I downloaded GPS logger version 1, and it and it does not run- it says I must install GPS logger II but then that is not available for download on the 8520. So I'll try with Black Star and hopefully that will work.

Quote Originally Posted by emacf1 View Post
    GPSLogger II (and even GPSLogger) does what you like to have -

1)
    In the Export Options select the 'CSV' format (uncheck the others if you don't need them

2)
    After you have finished your logging you can go to the Path Manager and select the previously logged path and select the Export option from the menu

3)
    On the FileSystem of your BlackBerry you can now find the CSV will all logged data of your path/recording

4)
    Alternatively you can instantly eMail you the CSV as eMail attachment (or you use Filescout/FileScoutLite to transfer the file to a PC/Mac e.g. via the WiFiSharing Option)
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    759 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pinkaponk View Post
    Hi emacf1,

Thanks for that but I downloaded GPS logger version 1, and it and it does not run- it says I must install GPS logger II but then that is not available for download on the 8520.
    You can download it directly from emacberry.com OTA - don't use AppWorld in your case...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Hi Jeff,

I've downloaded Black Star and tried to use it but every time I try it gives me an error message saying that the sattelite reception is too poor to begin tracking, even if I am in an open area. Have you got any tips for dealing with this problem?

Thanks.