This is a modified Zen Theme for all those people who like the stock theme. This was specifically designed for the 8500 series running OS 5.0.

Features:
    -12 icon Jscroll inspired dock
    -inconspicuous weather dock located on the banner!
    -inconspicuous Calendar dock on banner with hidden today!
    -hotkeys for some of your most used programs "$" key and "SPACE" key

slot 1 for the weather dock
    slot 14 and 15 for the hot keys

DOWNLOAD HERE WITH TRANSITIONS DOWNLOAD HERE WITHOUT TRANSITIONS
    Last edited by skippyhdog; 05-06-10 at 01:54 PM.
    05-04-10 01:30 PM
    Perfect. One thing I really like is that the add on folders are the same size as the stock folders. Even the original OS couldn't do that.

Also. Is there a way for me to increase the font for the today listings. They're a little smaller than before.
    05-04-10 03:34 PM
    This is a modified Zen Theme for all those people who like the stock theme. This was specifically designed for the 8500 series running OS 5.0.

Features:

http://www.mybbota.com/files/Zen Modifired Modiroll/ss/4579151342_6a63da9b27_o.jpg

http://bit.ly/bEVGin
    Would you be interested in modifying your "modifired" theme (sorry, couldn't help myself) for a donation? You see, this is pretty close to my perfect theme. I'd be looking for 3 mods:

1. No transitions;
    2. Remove the calendar icon from the banner, but make the today preview icons (calendar, messages & call log) accessible from the scrolling bottom dock; and
    3. A custom wallpaper that I'd provide (basically the storm / bold background, but a few shades darker).

Everything else is, frankly, perfect as far as I'm concerned. Incorporating the weather icon in the banner, 7 entry preview with a clear readable font, scrolling 12 user-selected icon bottom dock - doesn't get any better.

Anyway, if you're interested, let me know.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-04-10 06:19 PM
    Would you be interested in modifying your "modifired" theme (sorry, couldn't help myself) for a donation? You see, this is pretty close to my perfect theme. I'd be looking for 3 mods:

1. No transitions;
    2. Remove the calendar icon from the banner, but make the today preview icons (calendar, messages & call log) accessible from the scrolling bottom dock; and
    3. A custom wallpaper that I'd provide (basically the storm / bold background, but a few shades darker).

Everything else is, frankly, perfect as far as I'm concerned. Incorporating the weather icon in the banner, 7 entry preview with a clear readable font, scrolling 12 user-selected icon bottom dock - doesn't get any better.

I am interested, and I will be glad to address the issues one by one (no sarcasm intended)

1. I do like the transitions, but making a version with no transistions would be easy as pie. So this is very possible.

2. I kind of figured the calendar icon might be something some people would not like, but I did put it there for a reason. It eliminates the need to put the calendar at the bottom of the scrolling dock, its always in an easy spot to get to from anywhere on the homescreen, and your not bothered by the today preview while scrolling. The reason the preview area wasnt accessible from the scrolling dock is because it wouldnt navigate correctly back down because of the way the profile icon is set, eliminating the calendar at the top would fix this problem, but it wouldnt be as convenient. However, this to is very possible.

3. As for the wallpaper, this theme is wallpaper friendly so just download your own wallpaper to your pictures folder on your blackberry and set as wallpaper.

I can actually post an update to this tonight with these suggestions, I will post the link in this forum thread but the theme will be a different name to avoid confusion.
    05-04-10 06:56 PM
    Perfect. One thing I really like is that the add on folders are the same size as the stock folders. Even the original OS couldn't do that.

Also. Is there a way for me to increase the font for the today listings. They're a little smaller than before.
    The today listings are smaller than before, this is done so that you can see more of the preview. I dont know if you can change this from your blackberry. Perhaps try changing the font style.
    05-04-10 06:57 PM
    Dude, nice theme! Just downloaded and am using it now, very nice great job! I wouldn't change. A thing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 07:04 PM
    Well done this is clean nice and functional.
    05-04-10 07:14 PM

1. No transitions;

Here is the link to the modded theme....its called something different to avoid confusion....its not an update to previous theme....same one just without calendar. You can get to today area by scrolling down

DOWNLOAD HERE VERSION NOCAL
    05-04-10 07:39 PM
    Wow!!! Not only fast, but EXACTLY what I was looking for Send me a PM to where I can donate for your time - this is the theme I've been looking for ever since I upgraded to my 8530. Again, my sincere thanks

05-04-10 08:07 PM
    Really Great Theme!!
    Clean & simple and adds functionality.

Anyway you can point me in the right direction to learn how to do the jscroll docks?
    05-04-10 10:21 PM
    Really Great Theme!!
    Clean & simple and adds functionality.

Anyway you can point me in the right direction to learn how to do the jscroll docks?
    I'm glad you like my theme. The J-scroll was actually a sample I found with the theme editor for the tour, I just translated it to the curve2. I will explain more in the theme forum later on.

05-04-10 11:09 PM
    I'm glad you like my theme. The J-scroll was actually a sample I found with the theme editor for the tour, I just translated it to the curve2. I will explain more in the theme forum later on.

Great, thx. Looking forward to it.
    05-04-10 11:20 PM
    I should be posting it later this week hopefully

05-05-10 11:59 AM
    I've been using this theme for a day and I am really impressed. I'm a bit of a theme junkie - mostly because I haven't found exactly the right theme, until now. This runs really smooth, is incredibly fast & responsive and maintains the best parts of the OEM theme while adding what RIM should have in the first place. This is way ahead of any other theme I've used. Thanks again!!!

05-05-10 06:37 PM
    I've been using this theme for a day and I am really impressed. I'm a bit of a theme junkie - mostly because I haven't found exactly the right theme, until now. This runs really smooth, is incredibly fast & responsive and maintains the best parts of the OEM theme while adding what RIM should have in the first place. This is way ahead of any other theme I've used. Thanks again!!!
    No prob, I was tired of other themes that just weren't meeting my needs, so I made my own!

05-05-10 09:47 PM
    Looks a little similar to what i req drew to make me, great minds think alike, I LOVE having the weather icon up at the top (mine was in place of the sound icon) nice work!
    05-05-10 09:50 PM
    Looks a little similar to what i req drew to make me, great minds think alike, I LOVE having the weather icon up at the top (mine was in place of the sound icon) nice work!
    Drew indeed is a very talented theme builder. It just feels better when you make it yourself. I needed something with more functionality than the original zen theme, but still the OEM look. Thus, Zenmodifired was born. The name is interesting, it was supposed to be Zenmodified, but a spelling error occured. I thought modifired sounded cool.

05-05-10 10:02 PM
    So I was thinking about adding the hidden dock. Do you think this would take away from the simplicity of this theme?
    05-06-10 11:34 AM
    I don't think so. I prefer the visible dock (really like sliding tho), but I'm certain you'll find others clamoring for a hidden one. If you can, why not make both; you're half done!

Let me know when you get to posting the 'how to' for jscroll.
    05-06-10 11:38 AM
    Best theme I've tried yet ...i'm deleting all others from my curve now! I liked the first one you made, but I'm not a fan of transitions in any theme...not sure why, I guess I like the instant pop-up. Thanks a lot! This one fits perfectly, especially since I like having access to more than 7 apps from the homescreen and prefer the larger icons as opposed to the mini ones.
    05-06-10 01:19 PM
    Best theme I've tried yet ...i'm deleting all others from my curve now! I liked the first one you made, but I'm not a fan of transitions in any theme...not sure why, I guess I like the instant pop-up. Thanks a lot! This one fits perfectly, especially since I like having access to more than 7 apps from the homescreen and prefer the larger icons as opposed to the mini ones.
    It would be more than easy to upload the same version of this theme without transitions, I will post the link when its up
    05-06-10 01:40 PM
    I don't think so. I prefer the visible dock (really like sliding tho), but I'm certain you'll find others clamoring for a hidden one. If you can, why not make both; you're half done!

Let me know when you get to posting the 'how to' for jscroll.
    I wouldnt see a problem in doing another theme just like this with a hidden dock. I would eliminate the transitions to offer a more smooth flow
    05-06-10 01:41 PM
    Here is the original Version but without transitions
    DOWNLOAD HERE
    05-06-10 01:52 PM
    personally I like the stock look of the dock and the scrolling dock isn't for me but everyone is different, still great work!
    05-06-10 03:50 PM

Features:

Click to view quoted image

DOWNLOAD HERE WITH TRANSITIONS DOWNLOAD HERE WITHOUT TRANSITIONS
    Hey! I really liked this theme with the transitions, I'm really looking for this kind and I know this is an old post already, but searching using google showed me this. If possible for a request? Exactly this type of theme with transitions, but without calendar, and dock is hidden by backspace and appear by scrolling down? Thanks! My email if ever is [email protected]
    03-04-12 09:52 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD