**Free GhostedGlassToday2.0 theme** Updated!

5.23.10 Change log
    -Extended Today entries to 7
    -Changed App Focus background
    -Tweaked transitions
    -Changed Dialog button graphic

Here's one I started last night. It borrows a lot from my 'Tech2.0/2.1' theme.

-Lots of transparency
    -10 slot scrolling dock
    -Fade in/out transitions

Still looking for a good wallpaper to go with this one. If you know of one or have any other feedback, let me know.

Screenshots:
    (updated 5.23.10)

OTA

MyBBOTA.com Download - GhostedGlassToday2.0
    MyBBOTA.com Download - GhostedGlassToday2.0
    Last edited by cfrock; 05-23-10 at 08:05 PM.
    05-16-10 02:49 PM
    This is a nice theme...but could you the font size much smaller and neater please? It looks too big and makes the menu look huge...too bad u can't get sum custom icons...I do like the ths theme...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-10 03:04 PM
    This is a nice theme...but could you the font size much smaller and neater please? It looks too big and makes the menu look huge...too bad u can't get sum custom icons...I do like the ths theme...

I do plan to change the font. Right now it Arial; just while I get the theme together. I also have a set of custom icons in mind.

thanks for the input.
    05-16-10 03:22 PM
    I like it too! Can you add a weather slot? I agree with the neater and smaller font!

05-16-10 03:23 PM
    Would a hidden today section be possible? There's a lot of screen real estate and, at least for me, the best part of OS 5 is the ability to have a hidden today preview. Either way, great theme & really innovative design.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-16-10 04:31 PM
    This theme looks amazing, thankfully I have the full version of berryweather so this time around I'm not going to ask for a weather slot, mostly because I don't quite know where I'd put it.

I did have an idea kinda if I can explain it.
    But if you were to include a weather slot I would move your selected icon one box to the right and only show the selected icon and one of the scrolling icons beside it. That way the weather slot doesn't take away from a background and goes along with the rest of the icon between the selected icon and the time etc.
    ... I don't know if I explained that well at all...

05-16-10 04:49 PM
    This theme looks amazing, thankfully I have the full version of berryweather so this time around I'm not going to ask for a weather slot, mostly because I don't quite know where I'd put it.

I did have an idea kinda if I can explain it.
    But if you were to include a weather slot I would move your selected icon one box to the right and only show the selected icon and one of the scrolling icons beside it. That way the weather slot doesn't take away from a background and goes along with the rest of the icon between the selected icon and the time etc.
    ... I don't know if I explained that well at all...

Yeah, I understand what you mean. I'm not sure on the weather slot just yet though. We'll see.

I'll look into the hidden today.

I think I'm going to go with 'Bookman Old Style' for the font. I'm still looking for a wallpaper for this one though. I want something ethereal and/or phantom-like.

Ok, Made a couple of changes- I'll try to upload tomorrow.
    Last edited by cfrock; 05-16-10 at 06:01 PM.
    05-16-10 05:04 PM
    Here's some screenshots with the new font.

05-16-10 08:36 PM
    Ok updated:

-add today area
    -changed fonts all around
    -maybe other stuff I can't remember now

This one should still run quickly. I did receive 1 request to change the transition (to a different one) but I really like the Fade in/out on this particular theme. It has a ghostly quality to it.

This is my first Today theme -Let me know your thoughts.

MyBBOTA.com Download - GhostedGlassToday

MyBBOTA.com Download - GhostedGlassToday
    Last edited by cfrock; 05-18-10 at 11:36 AM.
    05-18-10 08:37 AM
    Any chance of a Today, non-hidden?

Could profiles also be put somewhere?

Good looking theme!

Tim
    05-18-10 11:17 AM
    nice very sharp looking
    05-18-10 12:21 PM
    Ok updated:

-add today area
    -changed fonts all around
    -maybe other stuff I can't remember now

This one should still run quickly. I did receive 1 request to change the transition (to a different one) but I really like the Fade in/out on this particular theme. It has a ghostly quality to it.

This is my first Today theme -Let me know your thoughts.

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=62313&stc=1&d=12741897 91

MyBBOTA.com Download - GhostedGlassToday (http://bit.ly/c8MvRg)

MyBBOTA.com Download - GhostedGlassToday (http://mybbota.com/download.php?id=2047)
    This is damn near perfect!!! The only additions I'd suggest (and these are only suggestions) would be increasing the number of today entries from 5 to 8 (or at least 7) - there seems to be enough room and adding 2 user-defined hotspots (maybe icons 12 & 13?) for the space bar & $ key. Even without these modifications - this is an outstanding"freemium" theme. Thanks!!!

05-18-10 06:22 PM
    This is damn near perfect!!! The only additions I'd suggest (and these are only suggestions) would be increasing the number of today entries from 5 to 8 (or at least 7) - there seems to be enough room and adding 2 user-defined hotspots (maybe icons 12 & 13?) for the space bar & $ key. Even without these modifications - this is an outstanding"freemium" theme. Thanks!!!

Thanks, glad you are enjoying it. I can add Today entries no problem. (PM me if you want w/ your email address & I'll send you a desktop install version with the extra entries.)

I'll look into the Hotkeys.
    05-18-10 10:22 PM
    Nice looking theme! I think it would look better with sans-serif fonts, but nice anyway. :-)
    05-19-10 10:00 AM
    Nice looking theme! I think it would look better with sans-serif fonts, but nice anyway. :-)

Thanks.
    You think so?

05-19-10 10:35 AM
    Thanks.
    You think so?
    Yes, I do. :-)

I also like slightly larger fonts. The larger fonts with the san-serif style make it easier for my aging eyes to read.

05-19-10 10:43 AM
    Excellent Theme!!! Thank You for sharing!!! Why are there so few Calendar/Today themes available? Are they that much more difficult to make?

Many Thanks & Appreciation!
    -Joey*

05-19-10 03:56 PM
    Thanks, glad you are enjoying it. I can add Today entries no problem. (PM me if you want w/ your email address & I'll send you a desktop install version with the extra entries.)

I'll look into the Hotkeys.
    Big Shout Out to cfrock!!! Just installed the tweaked version you sent and it's an amazing theme. The extra hidden today entries really make this stand out, so thanks again
    05-19-10 03:58 PM
    Omg I love this. Any way u can email me when it updates?

05-19-10 09:59 PM
    I'm having trouble with the OTA link, every time I go to down I get a popup error on my native browser. But the theme looks dope, I'd love to have it on my phone with the Sans font.

05-20-10 12:39 AM
    Omg I love this. Any way u can email me when it updates?

Check post 9 for the latest version.
    05-20-10 09:48 AM
    I'm having trouble with the OTA link, every time I go to down I get a popup error on my native browser. But the theme looks dope, I'd love to have it on my phone with the Sans font.

Just checked, its working correctly for me. Give it another try.
    05-20-10 09:48 AM
    Love the theme, great work! I'd love to see it with a weather slot and perhaps a shortcut key for my quick launch, that would make it the bomb

05-20-10 01:49 PM
    +1 on the weather slot...very nice as is as well too.
    05-21-10 11:33 AM
    Glad you are enjoying it- I'll look into the QuickLaunch hotkey.

As for the weather slot, I still have not looked into how to make it function. I was asked for it on my last solo theme as well (Tech2.1). I'll get around to it; working on another theme right now.

Anyway, If I do go with a weatherslot ... I'm thinking maybe a simple glass looking pane square in the lower right corner so as not to get in the way of the Today area. Your thoughts?
    05-21-10 06:28 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD