Sorry Im a newb! I've never owned a blackberry before and I actually don't even have my blackberry yet. I will be getting the 8530 for Christmas in Smoky Violet. I want to get a theme/ wallpaper in a similar purple color to match the phone.

Here are my questions:

Do themes work with any wallpaper?

If I see a wallpaper that I like on here how do I get that on my phone?

Does anyone know of any nice purple themes/ wallpapers that you could point me in that direction?

What is the today/ hidden today term that I hear all the time when talking about themes?

I love the weather icon on the homescreen. How do I get that? Which weather app is it?

Thanks for your help!
    12-11-09 08:45 AM
    Sorry Im a newb! I've never owned a blackberry before and I actually don't even have my blackberry yet. I will be getting the 8530 for Christmas in Smoky Violet. I want to get a theme/ wallpaper in a similar purple color to match the phone.

Here are my questions:

Do themes work with any wallpaper?
    Yes, you can use any wallpaper you want.

If I see a wallpaper that I like on here how do I get that on my phone?
    You can have it emailed it to your BB. You can also copy it using the USB cable--plug your BB to your computer and use Windows Explorer or Desktop Manager with Media application.

What is the today/ hidden today term that I hear all the time when talking about themes?
    Today themes are themes that usually have messages and calendar appointments displayed in a list on the homescreen. Hidden elements usually require you to move the track ball/pad to show them.

I love the weather icon on the homescreen. How do I get that? Which weather app is it?
    BerryWeather ($10) and BBWeahter (free) are two popular ones.
    12-11-09 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD