View Poll Results: Which L functions the best?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Horizontal movement.

4 15.38%
  • Vertical movement.

0 0%
  • L movement

20 76.92%
  • None

2 7.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    This thread is CLOSED.
    Thanx to those who helped.

Ok 8520/8530 owners, it's time to give back. I need your help. I'm currently working on a Hidden "L" and need input on functionality. This is strictly a functionality test.

I'm playing with my *FREE* Windows7 w/ Hidden Dock, Today Preview, Weather slot - DReW09d here.

There is a Poll at the top of this thread for you to place your vote, please use it.

Below are 3 hidden "L"s. Everything is the same except for the navigation.

drew09dLhorizon - Moving left & rights gets you around the dock, pulling down closes the it. OTA

drew09dLvert - Moving up & down gets you around the dock, pulling left closes the it. OTA

drew09dLL - Moving up & down moves you through the vertical portion, pulling left closes the dock until the bottom when you move left and right through the lower portion & pulling down closes the dock. This one seems more natural except for at the lower left corner, it's easy to scroll past the elbow and close the dock so I put in "bumpers". You can not close the dock from that icon. Since it's at the corner, technically pulling left and down on it would close the dock making it easy to over run it and close the dock by accident. OTA

Here's what I already know to save you the typing and the repeats in the thread:
    - these icons are larger than the standard and the vertical line is sandwiched.
    - there is no access to the Profile icon
    - there is no access to the Today area
    - there is no access to the Weather slot
    - in theme drew09dLL, the dock will not close from the corner icon (see above)

Happy Testing!
    Last edited by D.R.e.W; 03-31-10 at 08:52 AM.
    03-23-10 07:41 AM
    As a newbie to the Crackberry scene, I would like to say that I love all of your themes! I downloaded all 3 hidden "L"'s. All 3 ran smooth with no function problems. I really like the LL version as, like you stated, it has a more natural feel to it. I would like to see the hidden "L" incorporated in one of your previous themes with the black leather look background. That would be sweet! Thanks for your time and work! Hope this helped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 10:23 AM
    The LL version was definitely the most functional and easiest to use. The other ones felt awkward to use and I found I tended to just close the dock on accident more than navigate anyway.

My vote went for the LL version!
    03-23-10 12:57 PM
    I like the "LL" version as well and I did vote. And as you know, I'm not a fan of windows, but this theme does look nice! I like the arrow cursor as the selector. Very clever!
    03-23-10 01:00 PM
    I like the LL version also. It just feels the most natural. I'm not a huge fan of the windows theme either though. I would love this if not for that. Happy to test them out though.

03-23-10 04:03 PM
    I like the LL best. Cool

03-23-10 04:33 PM
    LL Version FTW. If this could just be made for Drew11, it would be awesome
    03-28-10 11:23 AM
    I like the LL version. It just feels most natural. I'm not a huge fan of the windows theme either. i like the cursor pointer most, its cute n nicer.
    03-29-10 11:22 AM
    LL ftw!

thanks for all ur themes, they are awesome
    03-29-10 12:14 PM
    Yeah the "LL" version is a winner. As everyone above me has already said the LL has a more natural feel to it and the cursor point is simple and classy. Very good work though drew your additions are always the best!

03-29-10 05:35 PM
    I have to agree, the "LL" is the most natural feel. It would look even better skinned as your 11 theme. :-)

03-30-10 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD