hello, i have an 8520 with two themes, normally i'll use the default t-mobile one... my message inbox has texts & emails, BUT - if i change the theme, my inbox is empty... is this normal? if i change back all my messages re-appear... do themes have their own inbox!? this is kinda weird
    03-29-10 01:35 PM
    No they do not have thier own inboxes, try using the theme and then do a battery pull and see if it corrects.
    03-29-10 01:39 PM
    nop... still the same! i have moved icons around in themes, put things where i like etc etc... shouldn't have impact on messages though!
    03-29-10 01:47 PM
    Strange, have you tried to email yourself to see if it works?
    03-29-10 01:50 PM
    i'll keep an eye on this... just changed it again & back (since i did as you suggested) & now my inbox is working properly. this happened three times today, no idea why!

cheers
    03-29-10 01:57 PM
    No they do not have thier own inboxes, try using the theme and then do a battery pull and see if it corrects.
    In a way this is true but then it's not. If you switch themes, you have to go to your inbox -> menu -> options -> general options -> SMS and Email Inboxes and it's most likely going to read "Theme Controlled" if it does, switch to "Combined" and save. Your messages should appear then. Well it did for me and I had the exact same issue (default theme showed messages but downloaded themes would not)

Hope it works!! Let us know if doesn't so we can keep looking!!
    03-31-10 12:33 PM
    In a way this is true but then it's not. If you switch themes, you have to go to your inbox -> menu -> options -> general options -> SMS and Email Inboxes and it's most likely going to read "Theme Controlled" if it does, switch to "Combined" and save. Your messages should appear then. Well it did for me and I had the exact same issue (default theme showed messages but downloaded themes would not)

Hope it works!! Let us know if doesn't so we can keep looking!!
    The OP was asking if themes had their own inboxes, it was already said that they were combined email and sms text.
    03-31-10 12:38 PM
    When i had my default theme, it was set to that, but when i changed that for some reason my setting had been changed as well...it may have just been the theme i downloaded, or somethin else i did that i can't remember off the top of my head.
    03-31-10 12:53 PM
    When i had my default theme, it was set to that, but when i changed that for some reason my setting had been changed as well...it may have just been the theme i downloaded, or somethin else i did that i can't remember off the top of my head.
    Gotcha!!!
    10 puls
    03-31-10 01:00 PM
    If im wrong please correct me!! i wont take any offense to it, i'd rather stand corrected and know the right things, than think im right when im wrong! not tryin to flood the forums with false info.
    03-31-10 01:11 PM
    Themes can specify what type of sms/email combined/separate settings they want. So if your device is set to theme controlled, you can get different results based on the theme.
    03-31-10 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD