In the last couple of days, I've noticed that my message alerts still play when my BB 8530 is completely turned off. Never used to do that. I recently changed a couple of my alert tones but I don't think that has anything to do with it. I also recently bought a wifi app called "SmartWiFi" which automatically turns my wifi on and off when I'm home or away. Could having the wifi on at home cause my alerts to play, even if the phone is shut down?
    10-16-10 08:35 PM
    It may be SmartWIFI. I've got a new Torch 9800 and it started doing the same thing the day after I installed it. I guess I have to uninstall it, its a shame, good app but being woken up at 4am for spam emails is unacceptable.
    10-21-10 06:46 AM
    Yep, its SmartWifi, they acknowledged the bug when I emailed them yesterday, see below.

Hello

the feature has some issues and we are aware of the issue you can deactivate the app and it should not come through but we hope to have fix for the next update.
    --
    Best regards,
    S4BB Limited
    Email: [email protected]
    Web: S4BB Limited
    10-22-10 07:23 AM
    Thanks for posting!

This issue has been driving me crazy for weeks. I suspected BerryWeather, not SmartWifi. Glad to identify the real culprit!
    10-30-10 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD