Theme pulled due to issues beyond my control. I hope to rebuild it and make it available soon.
    Last edited by iowabowtech; 10-15-09 at 09:36 PM.
    10-14-09 10:58 AM
    This is awesome, thanks!
    One suggestion, can you make the theme use the general font settings I set in Options? I noticed right away the fonts in this theme are bigger than what I set.

Can it also display the app name on the main screen?
    Last edited by jabohn; 10-14-09 at 05:49 PM.
    10-14-09 05:41 PM
    Hmmm...I thought I made it such that the fonts could be changed by the end user perhaps I slipped up somewhere but perhaps I made a change somewhere to disallow it. I'll check the theme file for anything obvious.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 05:50 PM
    Ya, I've got bigger fonts in the Blackberry menu, the heading at the top of Blackberry Messenger , the list in Messages (including the date headers) etc.
    10-14-09 06:18 PM
    Just to make sure, you are not able to change them at Options > Screen/Keyboard right?

10-14-09 06:22 PM
    yes, i am experiencing the same issue of not being able to change the font sizes for menus, message lists, etc
    10-14-09 06:58 PM
    Ok, I obviously changed a default font by accident which causes this problem. When I get home tonight I'll go through it and weed out the offending font and then update the OTA. Sorry about the trouble.
    10-14-09 07:03 PM
    Just to make sure, you are not able to change them at Options > Screen/Keyboard right?
    I have my fonts set to 8 point. When I'm using your theme they are larger, more like 9 or 10.

Even in the list in Options is a noticeably larger font when I switch to your theme.
    10-14-09 07:04 PM
    Ok, I obviously changed a default font by accident which causes this problem. When I get home tonight I'll go through it and weed out the offending font and then update the OTA. Sorry about the trouble.
    No worries, I appreciate the work. I still have it set as my current theme. I just like smaller fonts for more screen room.
    10-14-09 07:05 PM
    Ok, I updated the OTA to reflect the changes but I do not have an 8520 to test it on and my simulator is giving me fits so you all will have to let me know if it's resolved. Also, in this particular case, I highly recommend that you delete the theme from your BB if you've already loaded it, restart the handheld and then reload via the updated OTA.

Let me know if things are shored up now.

Thanks,
    Iowabowtech
    10-15-09 12:29 AM
    Thanks, loading it now and will report back later.
    10-15-09 12:38 AM
    First impressions of the new version before I go to bed...

- font size is fine in the Options list but elsewhere...
    - font is still big in the BB menu
    - in Messages, the dates are also too big and bold
    - no app name on main screen

I don't know why but it seems in some places it is still using the theme-set font size when it should be using the user-set size.
    10-15-09 12:51 AM
    I made a few screen captures so you can see a few places where the font is bigger than what I set in Options. On the left: Precision Zen, on the right, your theme.

Capture 1 - Message font size is fine but the dates are quite large and bold. Also note that attachment names are in gray on the left.
    Capture 2 - list font size is fine now but look how big the Options header is
    Capture 3 - The name at the top and line underneath are bigger.
    Last edited by jabohn; 10-15-09 at 12:34 PM.
    10-15-09 01:03 AM
    Alright I made a change which will at minimum remove the larger, bold font from the message header. I typically make my themes like that actually but it may affect other things in the 8520 template so perhaps this change will resolve all the issues. Also, I do not put text on the homescreen on any of my themes for the purpose of app identification. IMO it clutters up the homepage needlessly since most everyone knows the apps they place there. Thank you for being thorough in your feedback, it's really helped me pin down the problem areas quickly and accurately.
    Last edited by iowabowtech; 10-15-09 at 09:00 AM.
    10-15-09 08:56 AM
    Thanks I will test it out when I get home. I'm going to remove those screen captures because I just realized my name is on them!
    10-15-09 12:34 PM
    i downloaded it last night & i love it. but i feel like it's slowing down my bb, maybe?
    10-15-09 02:49 PM
    i downloaded it last night & i love it. but i feel like it's slowing down my bb, maybe?
    If you loaded it before the edits, be sure you delete the theme entirely and reload via the updated OTA. There was a problem in the original file that has been resolved. There may be a few small font issues to deal with yet but hopefully those are all fixed now as well.

10-15-09 04:17 PM
    I removed the theme, did a reboot, downloaded the new theme. The only difference that I can see is the date headers in Messages are not bold anymore. All other font size issues are still there.
    10-15-09 09:11 PM
    Well that sucks. Something happened in the building/exporting of this theme that is irreversible. I've built dozens of themes for various phones and never had this happen. Typically you can reset all fonts to default and it'll take care of it but that's not working here. The only solution is to rebuild it from scratch.

Edit: I am pulling the OTA. I will try to find the time to rebuild it but I will not leave half rate stuff for folks to load with my name associated with it. If I get another one built, I'll just start a new thread altogether.
    Last edited by iowabowtech; 10-15-09 at 09:35 PM.
    10-15-09 09:31 PM
    Well that sucks!!
    10-15-09 09:35 PM
    hey can anyone help me.. I'm new at crackberry forums and i want this L theme but i cant find the OTA link please help
    10-16-09 08:55 PM
    Can't you read the thread? The link was pulled down due to some issues.
    10-16-09 09:44 PM
    Theme pulled due to issues beyond my control. I hope to rebuild it and make it available soon.
    Hey! Is it possible to request this theme if you still have it available? Thanks.

03-23-10 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD