I have an 8330 on Verizon. Every morning Quickpull resets the device to free up memory. This is great, except that the theme changes back to the default Verizon theme each time.

My buddy has the exact same phone, same vintage, on Verizon, and has Quickpull, as well. He has a custom theme... and his DOES NOT go back to the Verizon default theme on reset.

Is there a way to change the default theme, so it will always default back to my downloaded theme upon reset? Or is it perhaps some sort of code in his custom theme that makes it reselect that theme on reset?
    08-19-09 11:31 AM
    What does yours do if you do a real batt pull?
    08-19-09 03:20 PM
    I use QP, and my theme doesn't change after the reset (3rd party). It cannot go to the Verizon them any way since I have deleted it long ago.
    08-19-09 03:27 PM
    What theme are you using? Can't help but wonder if it's something about the theme that causes it to be reset each time, like the theme has to be initiated each time the phone is reset. Even a real battery pull doesn't normally reset the theme.
    08-19-09 03:58 PM
    If I do a real battery pull I get the same result... the theme reverts to the default Verizon.

I'm using the MiniJavelinCalender theme.

I tried using his theme to see if it mattered, but I get the same result on a battery pull... it goes back to the Verizon default theme.

How do I delete the Verizon default theme? The option to delete it doesn't show up in the menu when I click on it. (And I make sure that I'm not using the Verizon theme when I try to download it.)
    Last edited by bgreiner; 08-20-09 at 11:00 AM.
    08-20-09 10:53 AM
    An update/more info:

I loaded my buddy's custom theme into my BB, made it the current theme, and then did a quick pull, and it STILL reverted back to the Verizon default. I then reset the custom theme, and tried a full battery pull. Same thing... defaults back to the Verizon theme.

His BB Curve is the exact same as mine, right down to the OS, yet his keeps the theme.

Here's the ONLY difference. His installed version of QuickPull is the paid, PRO version, mine is the free one. Could it be something in the PRO version that resets the theme? I checked out their info, and the company doesn't mention anything about that feature.
    08-21-09 08:21 AM
    mines is the free version , and im using a theme i created .

when i run the app (battery pull) the theme stays the same .

i dont know why yours would reset .
    08-21-09 10:02 AM
    I coughed up the $3 and paid for the full PRO version. Still reverts to Verizon them on reset or battery pull. WTF?
    08-21-09 11:49 AM
    It's not QuickPull causing the problem. A lot of people use both the free and Pro versions, and you're the only one I ever heard having a theme reset. Sounds like the phone is somehow locked into the default theme, so that any time the phone is reset, it automatically reverts to that theme. Weird.
    08-21-09 03:14 PM
    Delete the theme and reload it. Also be careful deleting verizon themes because some custom themes use files from them...
    08-21-09 03:29 PM
    If you select a custom image for the background, does it change that as well to the default?
    08-21-09 03:35 PM
    Delete the theme and reload it. Also be careful deleting verizon themes because some custom themes use files from them...
    The Verizon theme can be deleted with no effect on third party themes. You must be thinking of the OEM zen themes.
    08-21-09 03:37 PM
    When I reset my phone (or do a battery pull), it reverts to the Verizon theme, along with the Verizon background. When I switch back to my custom theme, when it loads up my background (which is different that the one that came with the custom theme) loads up normally.

When my buddy's phone resets, the theme stays the same, but his background pic reverts to the custom theme's background pic.

How do I delete the Verizon theme? I can't easily find it in the applications list.

Thanks!
    08-24-09 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD