When I got my Blackberry, Ill admit, I had no idea how to do anything other than the basics. However I changed my theme to the "today" theme because I liked the cleaner look to it. Originally, when I would get a text message, it would show up under messages, and after I read it, it was disappear in to my folder. However after a few days my messages started to not disappear. Id get new messages, and they would be there, but after I read them it sent them to my inbox folder and it replaced it with a message I had already read that was old. Even after I deleted all the messages in my in/out boxes, they still showed up under my messages title. Any suggestions on how I can make my messages disappear after I read them. I hope that makes sense

Jonathan
    03-14-08 01:44 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull yet? With your BB on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then reinsert it.
    03-14-08 01:50 PM
    i have the same problem, did you d/l some new today themes?
    battery pull gets rid of the messages, they happen to me whenever someone replies to a text i sent. very annoying
    03-14-08 07:08 PM
    i have done the battery pull. that worked but it gets annoying. also if i hit menu, go down to options, general options, then scroll down to sms and email inboxes and change it from combined to seperate and save it. that fixes the problem but thats crazy that i have to do that everyday. no i have not downloaded any other themes from any where. any other suggestions? any software updates that may help?
    03-17-08 07:18 PM
    RIM is currently working on the issue and there is not resolution date. My provider just keps swapping them out in the hope i'll get pone that doesnt do it
    03-17-08 07:32 PM
    that sucks. i work were i bought mine. they are gonna be like, no your phone works fine we arent gonna swap that out..lol
    03-17-08 07:47 PM
    its a pain in the arse, if i switch themes theres sms that i deleted ages ago all over the place.
    Can anyone contact RIM for an update i couldnt log a fault?
    03-17-08 07:53 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull yet? With your BB on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then reinsert it.
    I understand the battery pull, I really do. But, is there not another option other than a battery pull?

I mean it's almost like a Doctor telling you that your child has colic, becuase they don't have another answer as to why he/she is crying.

I am not saying that I want anyone here to "search" for my answer; but, why is it always a battery pull?

I believe that pulling the battery everytime something happens (or in this case doesn't happen) is not worth the effort and is very annoying (mentioned earlier in the thread). Having to wait, recycle, and retstart. (Blackberry down time, not good.)

Mine (my 8310 curve) did it the other day, and now it has stopped. I have received text messages all day today and not one has stayed (after being deleted).

It just seems like everytime someone asks a question the first thing is...have you tried a battery pull... OK, if they haven't and they do and it does, fine.

But, what if it happens again, and again. Do we just continue to pull the battery?

I will find a answer and I will update you on this...

msblueline
    03-17-08 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD