I'm going to try and stay on topic real hard, but forgive me if I go off course a little.

Coming up on a year with the Curve (a few months in the middle with a Storm) and I've tried a bundle of themes looking for the right one just like everybody else. What I have found is that there a lot of great themes out there but we seem to have a disadvantage over the stock themes, bugs in the theme maker software. So I went back to the stock theme with all the icons, changed my background to one I liked and I seem to be very happy with what I've got. I keep looking and I keep testing, but what comes with the Curve seems to be the best to me.

So has anybody been able to take the orginal themes and mod them to a theme that acts without bugs, but looks a little better? Just a question, not sure I'd change what I have. Don't get me wrong, there a lot of folks in here who make some fantastic themes and I really like a lot of theme, even bought a few of them. I just need function over pretty, after all, it's my phone/pda first and then a style statement second.

As for the upcoming Tour, well let's just say that when the Curve needs replacing, then the Tour could be next, but not before, the Curve is doing what I need it to do and it's doing it very well. In other words, I'm not going to fix something that's not broke.

So how about it, anyone find a theme that doesn't display a bug (at least as bug free as the stock themes) and they really think is functional but good looking? Geeessshhh! I don't ask for much do I?

If you have a Curve, don't worry, be happy, you already have a great phone/pda and a lot of folks agree with you or else it wouldn't out sell the iphone.
    06-13-09 05:42 AM
    I'm currently using the Ego them from, I think it was J.D. Design? (I got a real bad memory). The icons look GREAT and the theme shows off your choice of wallpaper very well. The hidden dock adds 4 extra icons to the home screen, which really helps functionality, for me.

The best part was, I won this theme free in a contest here on Crackberry.com
    06-13-09 06:53 PM
    I'm currently using the Ego them from, I think it was J.D. Design? (I got a real bad memory). The icons look GREAT and the theme shows off your choice of wallpaper very well. The hidden dock adds 4 extra icons to the home screen, which really helps functionality, for me.

The best part was, I won this theme free in a contest here on Crackberry.com
    Hmmmm! That's one I haven't tried. Might have to take a look. Like I said, function first, but a good theme that adds to the function, well that's just an added bonus. Pretty is second, not unimportant, but not the most important.

Glad you won and got you a good theme. Gonna check it out.
    06-14-09 05:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD