Hey guys,

Well..I really like the BB Dimension today theme, but I would like to change the home screen so that the call log doesn't show up. This way, I can use those 2 lines for 2 more Calendar lines, so it shows 4 entries.

That is the only thing I want to change...

So..is there a way I can import in the BB Dimension Today theme, modify it using Plazmic, and put it back on my BB? Thanks for the assistance guys
    03-29-09 02:26 AM
    Yes you can. Quite easily and I suggest you do so. Theme building is addictive. In the meantime I have 2 already done that might interest you.

Dimension Today Plus 6. You can change the 6 icons to whatever you want.

OTA

Dimension Today, No Icons

OTA
    03-29-09 03:18 AM
    Can the same be done for other themes that I have downloaded and installed?
    03-29-09 05:24 AM
    Yes you can. Quite easily and I suggest you do so. Theme building is addictive. In the meantime I have 2 already done that might interest you.

Dimension Today Plus 6. You can change the 6 icons to whatever you want.

OTA

Dimension Today, No Icons

OTA

wow..cool..thanks!

I really like that first one with 2 lines for messages, 4 lines for calendar, and a bottom dock

how else does this differ from the BB dimension today theme? Thanks again!
    03-29-09 11:38 AM
    Just much nicer wallpaper and the caret is semi transparent instead of bright yellow. Give it a try....it's free.
    03-29-09 01:17 PM
    do u have this in ALX file
    03-29-09 08:48 PM
    Hey guys,

Well..I really like the BB Dimension today theme, but I would like to change the home screen so that the call log doesn't show up. This way, I can use those 2 lines for 2 more Calendar lines, so it shows 4 entries.

So..is there a way I can import in the BB Dimension Today theme, modify it using Plazmic, and put it back on my BB? Thanks for the assistance guys
    Can you explain how to do this? I want to modify the sprint theme pre-installed on my curve 8330. Thanks!
    03-30-09 12:14 AM
    That looks just like I suggested in another thread, borockster.

I just had my first foray into Theme Builder, and made a Today Plus 6, with Messages, and SMS and MMS with no sub-entries - just so I can click them from the homescreen, and not have to have the icons at the bottom; and a 4-entry Calendar.

You were the inspiration, and I have not seen one exactly like what I wanted.

I also did a Today Plus 8, with two more icons up the right side.

I also did the exact some thing with the caret - not having seen this. I didn't like the bright yellow caret. What a coincidence.
    Last edited by jlamb30; 03-30-09 at 09:44 AM.
    03-30-09 09:40 AM
    Can you explain how to do this? I want to modify the sprint theme pre-installed on my curve 8330. Thanks!
    The best thing to do is PLAY. Read through the user guide, and read through and search the theme developers section.

I was surprised by how intuitive and relatively easy Theme Builder is.
    03-30-09 09:48 AM
    The best thing to do is PLAY. Read through the user guide, and read through and search the theme developers section.

I was surprised by how intuitive and relatively easy Theme Builder is.
    Theme builder is relatively simple. Composer is not....but if your patient you can get it down as well. The real work is in finding, sizing, recoloring, and modifying icons. Not to mention building docks and walls.

Have fun with it!
    03-30-09 10:03 AM
    borockster... I downloaded your Dimension Today Plus 6. The icons on the bottom dock you had said can be changed. How do I go about doing that?

Do I have to install a theme builder app to do this?

Thanks

Edit to add: Never mind I found out how to change the bottom dock icons.
    Last edited by Tanker811; 03-30-09 at 01:40 PM.
    03-30-09 01:00 PM
    OK...Glad you got it.
    03-30-09 04:02 PM
    Hey guys,

Where can I get this with the call log? I could have sworn I saw it somewhere, but can't find it now.

Thanks
    03-31-09 07:59 AM
    Where can I get this with the call log? I could have sworn I saw it somewhere, but can't find it now.

Thanks
    Here ya go...I have no idea if one was ever posted so I just made you this one real quick...

Click to download OTA
    03-31-09 08:16 AM
    I will pay you if you can make this for 8330 curve alx file
    04-01-09 09:52 PM
    I will pay you if you can make this for 8330 curve alx file
    I don't post ALX files but I will email it to you. PM me an email address. Please include which of the three versions you want.
    04-02-09 04:56 AM
    I don't have enough posts to PM you borockster.... I have your theme Dimension Today, No Icons and love it except for one thing. Notifications on the main screen are overridden by whatever's the latest one in so it only one shows one message notification symbol at a time on the main screen.

So if I get a bb messenger message it shows the smiley face. Then if I get a text the smiley face is replaced with the sms icon. So, still ok since either requires me to go to the icon screen (since this theme has no icons on the main screen) and I'll see them both then.

But when an email comes in the indicator symbol turns to the email symbol. So at that point I have no way to know I have a text or bb messenger message.

Is that fixable (w/a donation of course <g>)?
    04-04-09 08:42 AM
    I don't have enough posts to PM you borockster.... I have your theme Dimension Today, No Icons and love it except for one thing. Notifications on the main screen are overridden by whatever's the latest one in so it only one shows one message notification symbol at a time on the main screen.

So if I get a bb messenger message it shows the smiley face. Then if I get a text the smiley face is replaced with the sms icon. So, still ok since either requires me to go to the icon screen (since this theme has no icons on the main screen) and I'll see them both then.

But when an email comes in the indicator symbol turns to the email symbol. So at that point I have no way to know I have a text or bb messenger message.

Is that fixable (w/a donation of course <g>)?
    On most all custom themes the inboxes are combined so that no matter what type of message you get (email, sms, mms, bbm) they can be retrieved, read, and responded to by just going to one inbox. I believe you go to email options on your BB and hit combine inboxes or something similar to activate this feature. It's very handy.
    04-04-09 09:08 AM
    Thanks for the quick response.

Oh yes I know how to combine my inboxes but I don't have them combined cuz I don't like them that way So your theme is assuming the user has/wants a combined inbox? There aren't any other options then?

I've tried about 15 custom themes so far looking for THE theme and not run into this before - they all gave me the various icons depending on how many of each message I had. 5 emails, 2 text, 2 bb msg or whatever - each with their own icon and number.

This theme is by far my favorite of all the themes I've tried except for this one issue.

So no workaround for it? wwwaaahhhh.....
    04-04-09 09:54 AM
    Borockster, I dl the ota with the icons to my device but it doesn't appear in the themes list. Is there somewhere else I should look for it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 06:28 PM
    Borockster, I dl the ota with the icons to my device but it doesn't appear in the themes list. Is there somewhere else I should look for it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Nope. It should be there. Are you running OS 4.5?
    04-11-09 08:37 PM
    is there anyway to get this with a different wallpaper, its not girly enough for me =)
    04-16-09 06:20 PM
    Borockster,

The Dimension Today Plus 6 with 5 calendar postings has a glitch. When I scroll along the bottom dock it skips over icon 5 and jumps to 6, then comes back to icon 5 then stops. Is there anyway you can adjust it? I love this theme but that glitch is very annoying.

Any help would be appreciated...

JP
    08-20-09 04:01 PM
    borockster,

I tried to view your themes and the link doesn't work, can you please send me the link to veiw them? I like the one that shows the messages and then the calendar with 4 entries, my question was when i receive messages whether sms email messenger is there a way the all the icons will show up (theme setup for seperate inboxes)? Please let me know.
    11-12-09 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD