Heyy I got Plazmic, and I'm having so much fun with it, but this is the second time I've created a twilight theme and I can't freakin get it onto my phone!
    I've researched all these ways to fix the problem, and nothing's working. for the .alx files, they won't drag onto my blackberry device through the application loader without it telling me "no additional applications designed for your device were found". (I have them both in their own folder and have tried highlighting both the .alx and the .cod file, and that also won't work)

And when i export it as a .jad file, I upload it, my phone downloads it, I pick a download location, and when i navigate there on my phone, i can't find it.

Please, does anybody know any new ideas that can help me? I'm really excited about my new theme, and can't do anything about it lol.

Thanks,
    Cassie

PS i have this on instant email notification, and I'll be responding back, so check back
    02-04-09 02:13 AM
    What OS version do you have? Make sure the theme is for your version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 08:26 AM
    I agree with DocLove, the most likely culprit is your operating system (OS) version.

Not sure how to tell the OS version on your phone? Blackberry OS Version | BlacksBerry.com

The funny thing is that if you export as 4.3, it should work on 4.3 and 4.5. BUT if you export as 4.5 it will only work on 4.5.

If all else fails, send me the .thm file and I will export it to my server for you.
    02-04-09 10:21 AM
    Heyy I got Plazmic, and I'm having so much fun with it, but this is the second time I've created a twilight theme and I can't freakin get it onto my phone!
    I've researched all these ways to fix the problem, and nothing's working. for the .alx files, they won't drag onto my blackberry device through the application loader without it telling me "no additional applications designed for your device were found". (I have them both in their own folder and have tried highlighting both the .alx and the .cod file, and that also won't work)

And when i export it as a .jad file, I upload it, my phone downloads it, I pick a download location, and when i navigate there on my phone, i can't find it.

Please, does anybody know any new ideas that can help me? I'm really excited about my new theme, and can't do anything about it lol.

Thanks,
    Cassie

PS i have this on instant email notification, and I'll be responding back, so check back
    just a shot in the dark but... did u mean you have them both in seperate folders... cause u actually cant move them at all. once exported the alx and cod files have to stay together, if your moving them around seperately then they are useless. If you want to move them to a different location on your computer, zip em up first, then move the ziped files, then unzip to your new location. This was happening to me when i did my first theme. just a suggestion, hope it helps
    02-04-09 02:35 PM
    What OS version do you have? Make sure the theme is for your version.

Thanks, I read your reply and found out my phone is 4.2 OS, I've just exported my theme in 4.2 but still got the same problem.
    02-04-09 06:01 PM
    I agree with DocLove, the most likely culprit is your operating system (OS) version.

Not sure how to tell the OS version on your phone?

The funny thing is that if you export as 4.3, it should work on 4.3 and 4.5. BUT if you export as 4.5 it will only work on 4.5.

If all else fails, send me the .thm file and I will export it to my server for you.
    Thanks! Now I know what my OS is! and if all else fails, i'd really appreciate it if you did that for me... I'll let ya know.
    02-04-09 06:04 PM
    just a shot in the dark but... did u mean you have them both in seperate folders... cause u actually cant move them at all. once exported the alx and cod files have to stay together, if your moving them around seperately then they are useless. If you want to move them to a different location on your computer, zip em up first, then move the ziped files, then unzip to your new location. This was happening to me when i did my first theme. just a suggestion, hope it helps
    thanks for your reply umm yeah i always keep them in the same folder...and i've tried the zip thing while attempting to save it as .jad, and when i finally found the files on my phone, they wouldn't download.
    02-04-09 06:07 PM
    You may need to install the OS 4.2 the EXACT OS that is for your phone on you computer. (IE if you have 4.2.0.abc you need 4.2.0.abc not 4.2.0.def) To find the download search for "proper upgrade and downgrade" and there should be a link were you can download it, once downloaded, you need to open it and install it on your computer.
    If it is installed go to the preferences and then meta data, make sure there is nothing in any of the boxes. if that fails, try saving your files in a different place completely.

If none of that helps, try uninstalling plazmic and reinstalling it.

Hope you get it fixed, I had this problem, I know what it's like..
    02-07-09 06:16 AM
    Also try exporting the alx/cod files with a different file name. Sometimes the apploader will say no additional applications when the file is on your bb with the same file name.

02-07-09 06:25 AM
    What worked for me when I could not do an ALX file through Desktop Manager is this:

1. Export the theme to a .JAD
    2. Located the exported files on your computer (there should be .COD files and a .JAD file.
    3. With your phone connected to your computer and MASS STORAGE MODE "ON"copy all these files to your memory card under Blackberry >>> Documents.
    4. Unplug your phone and go into Media, then explore; and go to your documents where you saved the .COD and .JAD files.
    5. You will see a 1kb file at the bottom of the list of files, click that file and download it to your phone.
    6. Once download is complete you can go to "options" then "Theme" and you will see the file that was created there.
    7. Activate it and you should be good to go.
    02-08-09 01:14 AM
    Waooo Thanks shock976, now this works. This is a nice workaround job.

excellent.
    02-09-09 02:35 PM
    What worked for me when I could not do an ALX file through Desktop Manager is this:

2. Located the exported files on your computer (there should be .COD files and a .JAD file.
    3. With your phone connected to your computer and MASS STORAGE MODE "ON"copy all these files to your memory card under Blackberry >>> Documents.
    4. Unplug your phone and go into Media, then explore; and go to your documents where you saved the .COD and .JAD files.
    5. You will see a 1kb file at the bottom of the list of files, click that file and download it to your phone.
    6. Once download is complete you can go to "options" then "Theme" and you will see the file that was created there.
    OMG this is the closest i've gotten it to work LOL i gave up on this for like a few months then saw your reply... it downloaded, but when i went to options> theme, it wasn't there... i got all excited too haha. i'll try again though... thank you SOOO much!
    04-05-09 07:45 PM

OK so i tried it again... i exported it to a .jad, plugged in my phone, copied all .cod's and the one .jad to blackberry>documents, and when i went to the location on my phone then to the list, at the bottom it was 3kb instead of 1kb. don't think it matters, since it gives me the option to download it... 'downloads successfully' and once again, when i go to options>theme, it's not there.

any ideas?
    04-05-09 08:12 PM
    BUMP

Anyone have any ideas?
    05-13-09 03:41 PM
    I was having the same issue. I had developed my theme but every time i tried to load it with desktop manager it just kept telling me no other apps found for my device. I redownloaded desktop manager and the plazmic theme builder and made a completely new theme and it still wouldn't do it. so i did a back up of all my data and then performed the wipe handheld option under security and then my theme loaded just fine!
    06-15-09 11:39 PM
    So, I tried your work around and it worked beautifully! My only question is should I leave the files under documents even though its also listed under Themes? Does it stay there indefinitely?

Thanks again!!
    07-26-09 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD