Is it possible to create a theme that does not use white backgrounds for email, IM, etc? I am in the car after dark a lot and it would be nice not to have that bright white.

Anything that reversed the white and black would still be bad, but at least there wouldn't be the stark white.

Thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 08:45 PM
    Not a bad idea, I've been looking for the same thing. Until I find one, I've just been turning my backlight down at night to 10,
    04-25-09 04:12 PM
    Yeah that would be pretty cool. I also keep my backlight set low (20). Saves a ton of battery life.
    04-25-09 06:12 PM
    damn good idea. I keep mine at 20 as well.

I can go a good day to two days on one battery, depending how hard I use it.
    04-28-09 09:35 PM
    Ryan can send you a variation of this theme with gray fonts on black backgrounds if you donate for his time.

He has changed every background to black that is possible. There are some white backgrounds, but it has been minimized.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f126/ma...-fonts-215046/

04-29-09 01:17 AM
    Haha xlide, ya beat me to it

04-29-09 01:30 AM
    It would be nice to have one that put out green instead of white.
    05-13-09 10:25 AM
    For best night-vision friendliness, ideally you want red. There's a reason that photographic dark-rooms, astronomical observing labs, and houses of ill-repute are all equipped with red lights. Because it's the lowest-energy wavelength of light on the visible spectrum, it interferes the least (which is to say hardly at all) with visual acuity in the dark. Field astronomers equip their laptops with special drivers that disable all the colors but red on their displays. I'm surprised there aren't any red-only themes specifically for night-time use.
    05-15-09 11:50 PM
    Hey, I've made a lot of themes lately that do not have white backgrounds. They're in the forum.. There's all different colors including a gold bold I just did. Check them out and let me know what you think. Just look for my name. I'm sure you'll find one!! Thanks X, for that shout out!! Lol
    05-16-09 12:11 AM
    Ryan's themes are awesome! And if the theme isn't exactly as you'd like it, for a few bucks donation I'm sure Ryan would accomodate you as he did for me.

Karman

05-16-09 10:26 AM
    Try this one...
    05-16-09 06:41 PM
    I loaded the red bold theme via the DM to my 9000 and it doesn't show up in the themes menu. Is there a trick to this, or is it incompatible?
    10-06-09 03:10 PM
    ^^^ this is an 8XXX theme forum. that's why that theme didn't work for you.
    10-07-09 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD