Hello all,

I know there have been similar topics on this, but I am very confused at the moment. I downloaded a few themes from coolblackberrythemes.com (I like today plus themes, and this was the only place I could find decent ones). When I downloaded the files, there were only .jad files. I am attempting to download it off my media card, since I don't have internet (I know it's stupid, but oh well. Life of a college student.), but every time I try I get a "907 invalid COD" error, and when I click details it says that the COD files were not found. But the themes did not come with COD files, only a .jad file. So I am very confused...can somebody help me out here? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Best,

Joanne
    04-05-10 12:11 AM
    You need to download the theme directly through your brower. The jad file tells the browser where to locate the rest of the files. Downloading just the jad won't do anything. Go back and download it over the air through ur browser. Once ur phone opens the jad file, it will download the associated cod files with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 01:18 AM
    Thanks for the reply...I don't have internet on my Blackberry though, unfortunately. I know I've heard many times of being able to somehow install an OTA file with a media card, somehow...I'm just not completely sure what I'm doing. Is there any other way to get the COD file?

Thanks,

Joanne
    04-05-10 01:01 PM
    jad files are for OTA downloading through your blackberry browser. you need to find the file available for download to your PC, then install through desktop manager. most theme makers make it available for download both ways, as a jad file for OTA and a zip file for your PC.
    04-05-10 05:54 PM
    Hey Joanne, if you go here there are directions and a small program you can download called OTA Loader.
    Blackberry OTA downloader | download free OTA themes to your desktop

Then you should be able to save all the theme files to your media card and install that way without having to use the internet on your berry.
    04-05-10 06:55 PM
    Thank you jaydee, I thought something like that was floating around somewhere! I will give that a shot

Joanne
    04-05-10 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD