I have a verizon blackberry curve 8330 using the icurve theme. how can i change the icons/options displayed on the home screen? Thank you for any help you can provide.
    04-15-09 09:25 PM
    Highlight the one(s) you wanna move and select menu>move. Then just move the trackball in the direction you want. Once your done just hit the trackball to finish or you can select menu>complete move. Hope this helps ya...
    Last edited by mwdb4au; 04-15-09 at 09:33 PM.
    04-15-09 09:30 PM
    thanks for the info. I was actually referring to the "today" view of the home screen.that displays prior to pressing the menu button. from the bottom up I see "applications", "address book", "calendar", then "messages" lined up vertically on the left. I want to know if I can add to this list of 4 or interchange them for my convenience. thanks.
    04-15-09 10:20 PM
    If it can be done I want this theme !
    04-15-09 11:13 PM
    The one you are talking about is a RIM Today based theme and those 4 TEXT down the left themes are the only ones you CAN'T change like my avitar_Bullion Today.

Any theme with Today in the title this is true for. Read on.
    ------------------------------
    This works for all themes that have today screens with either a bottom dock or an L dock or a Zen theme. Basically you can change any icon theme but not a TEXT theme.

The today screens that have 4 down the left IN TEXT (not icon) cannot be user changed. All themes derive attributed from the 3 stock RIM themes Today, Icon, and Zen so don't ever delete these themes even if you don't use them because all themes need these themes present to work at all.
    In the Home screen the upper left icon will be the upper or left icon on Today. Next one to the right will be the next icon on Today, etc.

They both follow the same order. So whatever order you want on Today, just go to Home and put your apps in the first (two) rows and Today will follow that order.

If you want to change the Today apps, position, or order just move the icons around in the Home screen to match. Counter-intuitive I agree.

Cheers!
    04-15-09 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD