ok so I made a theme and I tried installing it on my blackberry, to desktop manager and straight to the internet and everytime I tried I always got the same error message that popped up and this is what it said

"Errors:
    Problems encountered while building the theme.
    Unable to locate the application's 'main' class. The class 'net.rim.plazmic.app.themebundler.Main' must be public and have a 'public static void main(String[])' method. (LAX)
    Unable to Launch Java Application: Unable to locate the application's 'main' class. The class 'net.rim.plazmic.app.themebundler.Main' must be public and have a 'public static void main(String[])' method. (LAX)

Warning: The following resources could not be included in the theme for reasons explained below:
    banner.svg
    homescreen.svg
    application-menu.svg
    lockscreen.svg

Warnings:
    Dialog buttons might not display correctly on the BlackBerry. Please adjust font size or border definition so that the normal and highlight buttons have similar height.
    Dialog buttons might not display correctly on the BlackBerry. Please match the border definition of highlighted button with that of normal button.
    The left and right borders of the Dialog Background are too large and may cause the "Symbols" dialog to display incorrectly. (maximum combined width is 30)
    : The search field feature is not available for OS version 4.5. The minimum OS version is 4.7.
    Phone Active Call Background: The background feature is not available for OS version 4.5. The minimum OS version is 4.6.
    Global: The transitions feature is not available for OS version 4.5. The minimum OS version is 4.7.
    Menu: The cursor gradient feature is not available for OS version 4.5. The minimum OS version is 4.7.
    Titlebar: The cursor gradient feature is not available for OS version 4.5. The minimum OS version is 4.7.
    banner.svg: Failed to compile SVG file.
    homescreen.svg: Failed to compile SVG file.
    application-menu.svg: Failed to compile SVG file"

and I honestly have no idea what most of that means so if somebody could help me out that would be great, I'm about ready to tear my hair out.
    my email is [email protected] and my pin is:30a173cf or just a reply on here would be greatly appreciated
    05-12-10 09:01 PM
    Spencer,
    I too recently tried creating a few themes for my curve 8330. There is a developers forum in another thread and you might get more help if you post there.
    But when you say you created a theme, you did create it for an 8330 and when you were finished, how did you save it? save it for DM and it will create a bunch of files on your desktop. Gather those files up into a folder. Copy that folder onto your storage card on your berry. Then install it from there. Have you tried like this? That is how I install every time.

The warnings are simply things you are trying to do with the theme that you can't do because you have OS 4.5 chosen and the items are only for OS 4.6 and above. The theme will still compile but won't work exactly like you wanted.

I unfortunately do not know much about it but hope I helped a little. Do check out the theme developers thread too!!

Good Luck!!!
    05-13-10 07:31 PM
    this was actually extremly helpful, I do not have a place to insert the media card from my blackberry into the computer that I have theme builder downloaded on so I had it connected through the USB cable and even though it was saved in a dm file I was still unable to save it to my blackberry, I still don't understand how I am not using the right format or whatever for OS 4.5 or even if I am using items that are only compatable with 4.6 how would I go about changing them to make them work with 4.5
    Last edited by spencer6392; 05-14-10 at 09:45 PM.
    05-14-10 09:39 PM
    If u port the themes in dm format u have to use desktop manager to install the themes to your phone, but if u want to use media card to install the theme, u need to port the themes to ota files, after it finish u will have 1 .jad files and sum .cod files depend on how big your themes was, copy all the file to a folder and copy it to your media card, open the media on your bb than press bb logo to show the menu, and select explore, after that hover to media card and browse for folder that containing your themes files, highlight the .jad files and hit enter or click the trackball, and it will popup an installation procedure on your good to go! Hope this help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 12:40 PM
    thanks for the reply and the help. I have tried everything you suggested and I am still unable to get it to work
    05-16-10 04:47 PM
    Spencer,
    Basically, you need to read those warnings and see what they are. if they say like you can't use a gradient for a cursor or something like that, go to that section with the problem and change the color of the cursor to a solid color instead of the default gradient color they have put there as a default. if it is a warning you can always IGNORE it. the theme will still work regardless!!!!!

The poster above has given you complete directions. i don't know how else to help you. maybe there are tutorials in the theme builder's section with pictures?
    05-16-10 04:56 PM
    I tried all that and then tried to upload it to desktop manager again and it seemed like it was working and then an error message popped up that said

"Errors:
    Problems encountered while building the theme.
    Unable to locate the application's 'main' class. The class 'net.rim.plazmic.app.themebundler.Main' must be public and have a 'public static void main(String[])' method. (LAX)
    Unable to Launch Java Application: Unable to locate the application's 'main' class. The class 'net.rim.plazmic.app.themebundler.Main' must be public and have a 'public static void main(String[])' method. (LAX)"

and I have absolutley no idea what that means
    05-16-10 05:37 PM
    No, no there's your problem right there. When you're done creating your theme, you go to File/ EXPORT not upload.
    You EXPORT and then a window opens and you EXPORT for desktop manager and it asks you to choose a location. select a location by creating a folder somewhere. Are you doing that properly?
    05-16-10 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD