Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How do I install a .jad theme?

Hello,

I found the bold theme from this site that I downloaded to my computer. The file extension is .jad so when I tried to use the desktop manager, it could not see the file. I then select the All files option from the DM, and I see it on my computer but it won't install.

I had no problems with .alx and .cod themes, but .jad seems to be an issue. Could any please provide a solution? Does anyone know of a bold U theme that will be able to install on a BB8320?

Thanks in advance.

BB8320 OS4.5
    CrackBerry Genius

that file is for over the air installs. not desktop manager installs. send the link to the file and download it with the device.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    204C97D6/241927EA/3048E5C9

Quote Originally Posted by oakie View Post
    that file is for over the air installs. not desktop manager installs. send the link to the file and download it with the device.
    are you talking like email it?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,141 Global Posts

yes you can do it through email or sms
    CrackBerry User

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by addict83 View Post
    yes you can do it through email or sms
    im having issues recieving emails i always use my @tmomail.net account but im not getting anything!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,141 Global Posts

is there an option to send it via sms?
    CrackBerry User

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by addict83 View Post
    is there an option to send it via sms?
    not that i can see
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by oakie View Post

Thanks! That worked. Now on the home screen at the bottom, it shows 2 icons, a space and then 4 icons. Is that the correct way it is displayed or am I missing an icon?

Thanks
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    PIN
    30F9D77A

Is there any way to load the jad file with out using email or SMS? I am trying to reload the theme I had on it before the phone got deactivated. So, I can not receive anything on it.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    PIN
    Feel Free to Add Me : 3113E641

Possible, if we can copy that file to MEDIA card and open the file from the phone and install it ?
    New Blackberry 9530 Storm User and a Software Developer (Web Design & Web Developer)
    CrackBerry Master

soamz it is possible, but you need to make sure that in addition to the JAD all necessary COD files are also on the Media Card. Otherwise it won't work.

Oh, and please don't revive old threads and keep your questions in that one thread you created. Thanks.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

I am having this same problem also.
    Wilz
    Pin:314A495A
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

How do I get all the COD FILES to be on the card as well, if the only file is the .jad file?

I tried sending it to myself and i pressed download from my device and but it failed due to a COD lack of.

Please teach me how to do this.
    Wilz

Global Posts
    69,338 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me...always like new friends!

OK, I do something like this:
    Download and install a small program called OTA Loader
    get it here: Blackberry OTA downloader | download free OTA themes to your desktop

When you see an OTA on the PC, I right click the link and choose copy link location.
    Then I go to OTA Loader and paste the link in and download the files. OTA Loader creates a file folder of the program, theme, whatever. Then I move the entire folder to my media card. When you want to install, you just need to find the .jad file in the folder and it installs from your card.

This is how I do it. That way, you can save OTA files in their entirely on your card and install whenever you want to. Works GREAT for changing themes. No internet on the berry required...just on the PC.
    HTTR FOREVER I'll Always Be Ramblin' in Rehab: Where the real Bold addicts are!
    Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.1154 on VZW
    How to Load an OS Using Autoloader|Backup and Restore Using BB Link
    How to Sideload Android Apps to Your BB10 device|How To Upgrade Your OS with Sachesi
    Thanked by 2:
    BB_Bmore (09-20-2011),  yellowbaa (04-27-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Thank you so very much for helping me. I will let you know if I have any problems.
    Wilz
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Ok, I tried copying the jad file and pasting it into the loader, thats impossible. Then I tried pasting the actual location link where I got the jad file from, that diddnt work either.

This jad file is a real cool theme and I cant seem to get any other cool themes for my 8350i.

Is there somethin g that I am doing wrong? Because it seems like when you only have the jad file you also need the cod files which I dont have so could you please explain to me of a way that I could get this to work?

Here is the URL where I got the jad file from:
    8350i Green Windows - Themes4BB.com -The Number 1 Site for Free Blackberry Themes
    Wilz

Global Posts
    69,338 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me...always like new friends!

Quote Originally Posted by wiltavares135 View Post
    Ok, I tried copying the jad file and pasting it into the loader, thats impossible. Then I tried pasting the actual location link where I got the jad file from, that diddnt work either.

This jad file is a real cool theme and I cant seem to get any other cool themes for my 8350i.

Is there somethin g that I am doing wrong? Because it seems like when you only have the jad file you also need the cod files which I dont have so could you please explain to me of a way that I could get this to work?
    [/url]
    OK, I hovered my mouse over the link, right clicked and chose copy link location. Pasted the link into OTA Loader and hit the download button.

What I got was an entire folder of plazmic files and a jod (or installation) file.

Did this not work the same way for you?
    HTTR FOREVER I'll Always Be Ramblin' in Rehab: Where the real Bold addicts are!
    Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.1154 on VZW
    How to Load an OS Using Autoloader|Backup and Restore Using BB Link
    How to Sideload Android Apps to Your BB10 device|How To Upgrade Your OS with Sachesi
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

LOL!

I never tried that. I have the entire folder with the jad files and the cod files now so where do I save it in my media card? anywhere?
    Wilz
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

I figured it out thank you so very much.
    Wilz
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

What do I do if I download from my media card and I get some progress, but then it says: 907 Invalid COD.

???
    Wilz
    CrackBerry User

Such insanity. Many different ways to do something and none of them work easily. Far easier just to move away from this method and move to a better phone.

I am totally unimpressed with the LACK OF INTUITIVENESS with BB Bold 9000 software.

Onward to IPOD even if I hate the virtual keyboard. Too many issues with this Bold.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by wiltavares135 View Post
    What do I do if I download from my media card and I get some progress, but then it says: 907 Invalid COD.

???
    Move to a better phone as RIM does not make anything simple. They are techs and they think we are beta testers for them.

GOOFS!
    CrackBerry User

when i try to install themes it says invalid COD file not found....i did what u said about sending it through email...dont no what to do now! please help
    chez
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by pincho07 View Post
    when i try to install themes it says invalid COD file not found....i did what u said about sending it through email...dont no what to do now! please help
    you refer here

How to install applications (JAR, COD or JAD) on Blackberry?
    Downloads blackberry themes 9900 9930 9981 9810 9860 9850 97xx 96xx 95xx 93xx 90xx 89xx 85xx
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rashar View Post
    Hello,

I found the bold theme from this site that I downloaded to my computer. The file extension is .jad so when I tried to use the desktop manager, it could not see the file. I then select the All files option from the DM, and I see it on my computer but it won't install.

I had no problems with .alx and .cod themes, but .jad seems to be an issue. Could any please provide a solution? Does anyone know of a bold U theme that will be able to install on a BB8320?

Thanks in advance.

BB8320 OS4.5
    how to install blackberry themes (JAR, COD or JAD)
    Downloads blackberry themes 9900 9930 9981 9810 9860 9850 97xx 96xx 95xx 93xx 90xx 89xx 85xx