hey ive been trying to put themes on my blackberry 8310 and i cant seem to get it right. seems like im just taking up space on my phone. i am running the latest software on my blackberry and i try the OTA thing but it made me go through a lot of folders to where i wanted to save it so i just gave up on it. i had some put on there through OTA before but it wouldnt show. it would show on my applications list but it just wouldnt appear on my themes list. is it better to do it through the computer? how do i do that? thanks
    03-11-09 05:16 PM
    hi de la ghetto (again! lol) ive never loaded themes thru the compt. i ota them with my blackberry. when i dwnld mine, it prompts to dwnld it, then it says wen it loaded successfully. from there you should be able to go into options>themes>scroll to the theme>click the bb button>activate. try that way and see wat happens. it does take a few mins for the phone to set itself up.
    03-11-09 05:30 PM
    with the OTA install you want to send the link which will be a .jad file to your email addy on your BlackBerry, once you get the email click the link and it will prompt you to install

if you're downloading the theme as a .zip or .rar file you want to download the theme to your PC, then extract the theme *(you'll need WinZip or WinRAR to extract), once you have extracted the file you want to fire up your Desktop Manager with your BlackBerry connected via USB, once the DM *(Desktop Manager) is up and running select "application loader", then select "start" under "add/remove applications", you should now be at the device application selection screen, select "browse", now select the folder of the theme you extracted and select the .alx file, once selected click "next" and then finish. After a few seconds your theme will be installed. Hope this helps!!!
    03-11-09 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD