Hello! So I JUST bought a new blackberry, and I'm very excited about finding a theme for it and learning all the things the phone can do. I'm a first time blackberry user, and I have a curve 8330 that's a 5.0.
    This might be a stupid question...but the themes for 4.2 or 4.5....are these compatible with my OS? I wanted to ask before I download something and break my new phone. Thank you so much!!
    08-07-10 06:21 PM
    You'd be better to stick with OS 5 themes. You can use themes for the 8350 (which work best) or themes for the 8500 series curves quite nicely.
    08-07-10 08:19 PM
    oohhyesjess, there is No such thing as a dumb question-just the ones which are never asked-I also have 8330 with OS 5.0..just like snaganalf said it best to use only themes made for your BB OS 5.0..as for using 85xx series curves - you need install a 8330 Stock Precision Zen Theme on your device in order for them run on your BB ..(install at your own risk I am not responsible if you do install on your device).if you don't install the stock theme on your BB it will not recognize 85XX theme you just installed . I for myself I do have 8330 Stock Precision Zen Theme install on my device ,as mentioning they are much nicer themes then 8330 themes.. Welcome to the Blackberry community
    08-07-10 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD