I have been lurking here for a while, never got up the nerve to post. But now I have a question, and I know someone here can help me.

I downloaded a theme from another site (I know, and I promise, I will NEVER stray again, just help me, please). Not so much because I liked it, but because it was free, and I thought that if I didn't like it, I could just delete it.

Well I hate it, but I can't seem to delete it. For some reason, there is no longer the option delete. When I go under themes and try to, I get:

Help
    Download themes
    Activate
    Reset theme defaluts
    Switch applications
    Close

There is no option to delete, and I know it used to be there because I have deleted 3rd party applications on 2 other occasions with no problem at all.

Where did it go? Does anyone know?

Thanks for any help you can give me, and I promise, I will NEVER go to any other forum, EVER again.

Oh yeah - can someone please tell me how to change my real name to my user name - I wasn't paying attention, and now I can't figure out how to change it, other than to delete my account and make a new one.
    Last edited by Rachael Stanley; 03-30-09 at 01:02 AM.
    03-30-09 01:00 AM
    go to options>advanced>applications scroll to the theme hit menu and delete oh, and make sure you hit the option to restart your device>
    03-30-09 01:02 AM
    Hi there.

Go to options>advanced options>applications - find the theme you downloaded and then menu button delete and reboot when it asks you too. Give that a go and post back if there is any problems. Never be afraid to ask a question here. Its what the site is for
    03-30-09 01:02 AM
    your username is unchangeable.. sorry
    03-30-09 01:06 AM
    I tried that too, but I didn't see it under applications. I went back after reading this to make sure, but I still don't see it, and even if it were, would that explain why I no longerhave the delete setting under themes? I could have sworn that is how I deleted my previous themes before, was from themes. But maybe I'm losing my mind. No wait, that is not possible, that means I would have to have one to lose.

Maybe I'm just confused.

Thanks, everyone.
    03-30-09 01:45 AM
    it worked =]
    03-30-09 01:52 AM
    I tried that too, but I didn't see it under applications. I went back after reading this to make sure, but I still don't see it, and even if it were, would that explain why I no longerhave the delete setting under themes? I could have sworn that is how I deleted my previous themes before, was from themes. But maybe I'm losing my mind. No wait, that is not possible, that means I would have to have one to lose.

Maybe I'm just confused.

Thanks, everyone.
    I think you mean under .......applications right.. If you were on options>themes you will not have a delete option. When you get to options>advanced options>applications you should see a large list with all installed applications on your phone. You need to find the theme that you want to delete and then highlight it and hit your menu button and choose delete. Make sure you are navigating properly. If you are sure you are in the right spot and have no delete option under the menu try a battery pull - phone on, remove battery and replace in 30 seconds and try again. You might have to do this within Desktop Manager if we cannot resolve this doing it this way....
    03-30-09 01:53 AM
    there is no delete setting in themes.. if you have the theme on your phone, it has to be in the application listing.. it might say "com_plazmic" or something to that effect.. check and post back
    03-30-09 01:53 AM
    Take a look here too Rachael if it might help you out..

Bplay Knowledge Base :: How Do I Delete A Theme From My Blackberry?
    03-30-09 01:58 AM
    it worked =]
    What worked?
    03-30-09 02:05 AM
    when in apps, look for a file name starting with something like : com_plazmic.... Thats your themes
    03-30-09 02:17 AM
    I think you mean under .......applications right.. If you were on options>themes you will not have a delete option. When you get to options>advanced options>applications you should see a large list with all installed applications on your phone. You need to find the theme that you want to delete and then highlight it and hit your menu button and choose delete. Make sure you are navigating properly. If you are sure you are in the right spot and have no delete option under the menu try a battery pull - phone on, remove battery and replace in 30 seconds and try again. You might have to do this within Desktop Manager if we cannot resolve this doing it this way....
    Yeh,now I do remember deleting the others from applications before, but I don't see this one there. I'll try the battery pull and check it again after a good night's sleep.

Thanks.
    03-30-09 02:25 AM
    If you PM one of the MOD's they will change your username.
    03-30-09 07:33 AM
    when in apps, look for a file name starting with something like : com_plazmic.... Thats your themes
    Duh (slapping forehead) that got it.

I am such a ditz that I could have sworn that was there before I loaded that theme and had something to do with my preexisting themes.

Of course when I actually looked at it...

Thanks all, sorry I'm so berry challenged at time regarding something so simple.

Too much BB and not enough sleep.
    03-30-09 07:41 AM
    If you PM one of the MOD's they will change your username.
    Thanks. I figured I could do that. Just thought I was missing something glaringly simple with regard to doing it myslef, under the circumstances.

Thanks, and I am here to do just that right now.

Thanks to everyone else too.
    03-30-09 07:47 AM
    You're welcome.
    03-30-09 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD