I just finished clearing up my memory through stoners guide and now I can't find the cross theme I d/led this morning. When I open the email and try to re download it, it says that the theme has already been installed on my device. I have tried rebooting and trying the battery pull but to no avail. i only got rid of the 3 theme' the guide said to toss away.
    07-16-08 05:55 PM
    I just finished clearing up my memory through stoners guide and now I can't find the cross theme I d/led this morning. When I open the email and try to re download it, it says that the theme has already been installed on my device. I have tried rebooting and trying the battery pull but to no avail. i only got rid of the 3 theme' the guide said to toss away.
    I just got through with stoner's guide as well but didn't go probably as far as you did. From what I read I thought this was one of the warnings when using that program, that themes may be deleted and harder to get restored. Good luck to you bro, people will respond before too long.
    07-16-08 06:05 PM
    Yea, their are enough people here to help me. Haha, thanks for the support!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-08 06:07 PM
    This is actually really bothering me. I wonder if it would be better to find those theme files and just re-install them back onto my phone.
    07-16-08 06:45 PM
    Ok, I got the crossbar theme to work again. I had to re-install the 3 preinstalled theme's that came with the phone that I had taken out. I have no clue why those 3 optional theme's would reflect what newer ones you can have.

Anyways, for future reference, new themes need the older ones to work it looks like.
    07-16-08 08:29 PM
    They are the base for any kind of zen today or icon theme you download. You have to keep the bb dimension for whatever one you run. If you say never use a today theme you can delete that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-08 08:35 PM
    If you removed any of the default themes that come on the device, then you need to restore them (by placing them back into the Java folder and running AppLoader). This is really simple to fix, and that is why when you 'delete' one of the files to free up memory, you always make a backup in case you need to restore it!!

I am not sure which base themes the "Cross Theme" needs since it is a blend of different styles. You always need to have the Zen theme loaded... but I would reload the icon and today style themes!!

From what I read I thought this was one of the warnings when using that program, that themes may be deleted and harder to get restored
    If you remove the themes, then you can run into third party theme problems. For example, if you delete the base theme for today style themes and then try to install and use a third party today theme... it will not appear because there is no template for the theme to "lay" on top of!! The restoration is really simple, so I am not sure where you heard it was hard. It is simply a reverse process.
    07-16-08 08:41 PM
    Im not sure what thr crossbar theme is either. I'll go home later and delete 1 theme at a time to see what theme the crossbar runs off of. I didnt even use my backup. I just pulled the dimension files out of my recycle bin. hehe, I was just to lazy to run the backup.
    07-17-08 08:30 AM
    Im not sure what thr crossbar theme is either. I'll go home later and delete 1 theme at a time to see what theme the crossbar runs off of. I didnt even use my backup. I just pulled the dimension files out of my recycle bin. hehe, I was just to lazy to run the backup.
    That is all I was referring to... you do not need to use DM and backup, you need to replace the file for the them back in the Java folder and run AppLoader to reload the base theme!!

And you should not actually delete those files when memory optimizing... you should move them into a 'restore' or 'removed' folder so you have them on file in case something like this happens and you need to backup!!

Either way, you plan sounds like a good idea... though time consuming (as each theme you attempt to delete will require you to run apploader!) I would just add all of the themes back on your device if you use third party themes a decent amount!!
    07-17-08 08:35 AM
    Yea, when I get back to my house, i'll make a file specific folder holding all of my BB files. Just gotta pull the rest out of my recycle bin. And im just curious at this point to see what the crossbar theme is made after.
    07-17-08 08:40 AM
    I have the same problem, except that the files are not on my computer. I used a 3rd party program to delete the default themes, and didnt make a backup (i know, i know..)

is there any way I can get the necessary files without reformatting?

Thanks
    Last edited by Bobt39; 07-21-08 at 03:31 PM.
    07-21-08 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD