Ok - So I like to store birthdays in contacts (aka where you store phone numbers, emails etc...)

So then, when you go to the calender on the day that there is a birthday, it's the first thing on the day - before any times.

BUT here's my problem - When I have the Today theme applied on my 8320, the calendar section does not show the birthdays. It shows the appointments at a particular time just fine, but it wont show the birthdays (not specific to any time you see)

Can anyone help?
    03-21-09 09:23 PM
    I am confused a little here - are they in the calendar or only in the contacts list?
    Are they all day events? If they are they wont show.....
    03-21-09 09:36 PM
    They are in the contacts, and that automatically pulls them up in the calendar too. In the calendar, they are not present in any specific time slot, but are listed at the very top. Yes, they are all day events, and there has got to be a way to have them show up ((( Its so bad otherwise, cos thats all I use the calendar for (

Thanks for replying though
    03-21-09 11:05 PM
    and while we're at it, could you also tell me how posting our PIN helps ? What can we do with it ? Most people have their pins posted.
    thanks!
    03-21-09 11:08 PM
    All day events will not show up in today themes, they will be skipped. Change the event and you should see it show up.

As for posting PIN's well that just means others can contact you and add you to BBM (Blackberry messenger). Just a form of communication. I dont post mine by default since I seem to attract the loonies - seriously

If you are interested feel free to jump on or create threads here for get some BBM buddies. For the most part its a good time and 99.9% of the folks here are fantastic, I just screen a little better now......

http://forums.crackberry.com/f51/
    03-21-09 11:15 PM
    Ah thats interesting. See I never knew what BBM was for. I just figured I would never need it, you know with google talk and stuff already installed. Shame, I wont be able to see my contacts' birthdays but I guess I can live without it

Thanks
    03-22-09 04:53 PM
    go into your calendar on the birthday you wish to change, hit the menu>open series> and uncheck the all day event box. this will make the occurance an hour long non busy"appointment", and you will see it on your today screen.. oh you have to change the "show as" to free.
    Last edited by kwmksavage; 03-22-09 at 05:06 PM.
    03-22-09 05:04 PM
    ...also if you dont want to be woken up at 12am by the reminder, set it to "none"
    03-22-09 06:10 PM
    ...also if you dont want to be woken up at 12am by the reminder, set it to "none"
    it depends on how early you have your day set to. my "day" starts at 8, so the appointment will go off at 8. if its an all day event it will go off at 12am.
    03-22-09 06:17 PM
    The alarm thingy is fine for me. I'm a night person, so thats just about the right time to get my reminder. Thanks for suggesting the "unmark all day event" technique. I am actually aware of that, but the stinker that I am, I wanted to keep it prim (all day event), and yet have it in my theme. But yes, I get it, it cant be done
    03-22-09 09:20 PM
    I guess I do not understand what the point would be of putting it on the contact and it not be tied to the calendar. Maybe they will correct this at some point.
    Gigi
    03-24-09 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD