AppleBerry Theme Suite Released!

Say 'Hello' to AppleBerry on your favourite BlackBerry device.

This super-premium theme includes fives versions for the price of one which means there is a version for everyone.

Price:
    $6 for all five versions.
    Available at the CrackBerry store!

Features:
    - Pearl white task bar.
    - Very large date and time.
    - Great performance!
    - Bouncing icons on the homescreen dock.
    - Five versions
    - Super high resolution icons, vibrant and crisp, the way they should be.
    - Custom battery meter and signal indicators.
    - Many hand-made icons.
    - Everything is totally customized!

As seen on:

Into Mobile
    jkOnTheRun
    PhoneReviews.co.uk
    BlackBerry Rocks
    Phones-Online.org
    RIMarkable
    Business 2.0 Press
    MorninPaper
    GadgetSteria
    ...and many more!

Recommended Wallpapers:
    Save these to your desktop and email them to your device.

Last edited by hastings; 06-19-09 at 09:11 AM.
    05-09-09 09:54 AM
    I have had curve for quite some time and have never come across any way to change the active call screen other then the ability to put the callers picture on it.

But I can't wait to see what u create. I had ur theme on my storm and loved it but I'm back to the curve
    05-09-09 10:14 AM
    Looking good nice work...
    05-09-09 10:22 AM
    In my opinion some mistakes that themes make is that they cut the date off or the time or they overlap with notifications (like the alarm symol or a new text) so premium themes shouldn't do that, just putting my two cents in, however your theme looks awesome, can't wait for the release, keep up the great work
    05-09-09 10:52 AM
    I'm pretty sure the answer to #2 is no.

I would love to beta appleberry. It is one of the best themes out there, and I'm soooo excited that its comming to the 8330

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 11:53 AM
    Sorry for the double post, but I think the smaller icons are used for the profile button on certain themes.

Also, one of the biggest problems with 83XX themes are the memory leaks, and the speed. The best themes always work very quickly, and don't stall the blackberry and give you that annoying hourglass.

05-09-09 11:57 AM
    where can i pick that theme up for the 8330 for free if it is?
    05-09-09 12:32 PM
    Is this theme going to be offered as a calendar version?

05-09-09 02:20 PM
    1) no its not possible

2) usually the theme uses whatever font the creator sets it too, not sure whats wrong.

3) anything over 500 (kb)

4) stuff on the banner not being shown properly(overlapping,too high up)
    dialog boxes being too big!

5) im pretty sure 48x36 is for 8300,8310,8320 and 8330 and 53x48 is for 8350i

btw looks really good
    05-09-09 02:55 PM
    1) no its not possible

2) usually the theme uses whatever font the creator sets it too, not sure whats wrong.

3) anything over 500 (kb)

4) stuff on the banner not being shown properly(overlapping,too high up)
    dialog boxes being too big!

5) im pretty sure 48x36 is for 8300,8310,8320 and 8330 and 53x48 is for 8350i

btw looks really good
    #4 is my major complaint. If you are going to make a theme, take the time to ensure that everything is lined up properly, and that stuff does not overlap, or get cut off.

hastings - that looks really good, like you put a lot of time into the small stuff. One suggestion that I can make, with all due respect to your work, the battery meter looks huge, at least to me it does.
    05-09-09 11:16 PM
    This theme looks awesome!
    05-10-09 01:01 PM
    I think that the battery is a little big, but it doesn't distract from the clean look of the rest of the theme.

Question for hastings,
    When the theme suite comes out, how many themes will there be?

05-10-09 01:27 PM
    Hey all,
    4) Are there any common pitfalls that I should be looking out for? Any mistakes that most themes make but premium ones shouldn't?
    The biggest thing that always drives me nuts about any theme is when people use icons or wallpapers that are not hi-res....if its grainy or blurry at all it looks terrible....

The appleberry previews you posted look fantastic but just make sure there is no graininess or blurryness....I have downloaded tons of themes that look fantastic on the previews posted and terrible on the phone

Great job so far! Can't wait til its released!
    05-10-09 02:25 PM
    Nice! My wife really wants this one!
    05-10-09 02:26 PM
    That theme looks Awesome!! Nice & Clean!!
    05-10-09 02:28 PM
    Hey there sir, my name is jayjay and i create themes i have a site for themes but anyways i thought i would supply my 2cents as well.

1) The active call screen can not be changed i beilive it used to be able to with a older plazmic not the newer 4.5 and up.

2) Fonts should work just fine whatever you have it set as in plazmic will work on your test device. Unless of course you dont change the fonts at all it will then be user defined fonts as well.

3) File size is always something people will cry about but i usually dont care when i install a theme but generally when you create a theme for the curve 4.5 it only gets big with a huge svg file since we dont get HD quality.

4) Pitfalls yes when skinning a theme to a true feel of a theme dialogs and all should be changed... Meaning message lists and message notifactions as well... Thats my opinion when i create my themes.

5) There is not 2 sizes there is only 48x36 as stated above the other size is only for the 4.6 8350i

6) Any other questions just let me know i will always be willing to help...

05-10-09 08:36 PM
    Will you be making an Appleberry Glass theme for the 83xx?
    05-11-09 12:29 PM
    Hey all,

Thanks for the comments, I'm taking them all to heart.

I've delayed the release of this theme until likely late next week because I'm going to spend some more time developing alternate versions. I always sell AppleBerry as a suite, so I like including a huge variety of choices for the users and this will be no exception.

AppleBerry Glass won't be included for the 83XX, this is because in my initial tests it just isn't memory friendly enough to provide a good user experience. That being said, you can expect 3-4 variations of the theme included in the suite.
    05-11-09 01:42 PM
    If there is a calendar only version, is it possible for you to make it have 6 calendar entries?
    05-11-09 02:07 PM
    If there is a calendar only version, is it possible for you to make it have 6 calendar entries?
    Absolutely, there will be a calendar only version and it will feature the maximum amount of list items I can fit.

In fact, now would be a good time for people to tell me what they'd like in other versions.

I can probably do:

- Plain
    - Calendar only
    - Messages only
    - Calendar/Messages split
    - Icon only theme (no homescreen, but much bigger icons)

Anything else?
    05-11-09 02:37 PM
    L theme? I am willing to beta any of these.
    Hidden Dock?
    Last edited by ectro; 05-11-09 at 02:48 PM.
    05-11-09 02:43 PM
    L theme
    Bottom Dock with SMS
    i want to test these if there will be testing
    05-11-09 02:59 PM
    I would also like to beta test if you would allow me to. I think that a larger icon crossbar version might be cool too, but I am really looking forward to a calendar version myself.
    05-11-09 03:02 PM
    Don't forget to make the menu visable when using aim/yahoo. I've notice this in a lot of themes and a preminum should have that fixed.

05-11-09 06:38 PM
    Wow!! Theme looks awesome

Can I beta test it for ya?

05-11-09 06:47 PM
262 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD