Every time I watch a youtube video they are centered in the screen at about 1/4th the size of the screen despite being set to 'Full Screen'. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 04:50 AM
    That is simply the way they present. YouTube on a BB is
    a laughable endeavor at best.
    01-08-09 04:54 AM
    There are two explanations for this.

1).YouTube do the video conversion and the display size has nothing to do with the BlackBerry and we just have to wait until YouTube decide to give us a better video feed.

2). They use special very tiny peole and things in their videos and they cannot get them any bigger.

I favor #1 but included #2 just in case .
    01-08-09 05:07 AM
    I like #2

Err. I want to watch bigger videos.

There are two explanations for this.

1).YouTube do the video conversion and the display size has nothing to do with the BlackBerry and we just have to wait until YouTube decide to give us a better video feed.

2). They use special very tiny peole and things in their videos and they cannot get them any bigger.

I favor #1 but included #2 just in case .
    01-08-09 10:04 AM
    Every time I watch a youtube video they are centered in the screen at about 1/4th the size of the screen despite being set to 'Full Screen'. Any ideas?

Why can't I get youtube????
    01-08-09 10:11 AM
    Waaaaaay more information needed.

What OS version is on your phone?

What site are typing into your browser?

What problem are you having?
    01-08-09 11:02 AM
    Waaaaaay more information needed.

What OS version is on your phone?

What site are typing into your browser?

What problem are you having?
    I have 4.5.0.89

The WAP version of youtube. AFAIK, thats the only version that will play videos on BBs. The regular site will bark and tell you that you dont have Flash.

Please seem my OP for the 'problem'.

Thanks!
    01-08-09 12:07 PM
    Well, those questions were for the person who posted directly above my post.

I wasn't addressing your question because you already received all the answers.
    01-08-09 12:21 PM
    Well, those questions were for the person who posted directly above my post.

I wasn't addressing your question because you already received all the answers.
    Oh, sorry. I didn't realize you were helping my thread get hijacked. Since I left out some of the information you requested I assumed my answers might help contribute to a resolution...as is often the case in troubleshooting, solutions can be gleaned through the addition of information.

And since I did not know the solution, how could I know that those answers were the end/all be/all and that nothing further would come of my OP?
    01-08-09 01:08 PM
    Just read the first two responses in the thread. Those are the answers. YouTube presents that data that way. There's nothing you can do, currently.

And you got answers from two of the best, so there's not much anyone else can add.

And I would call it thread drift not hijacking especially since the question was already answered.
    01-08-09 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD