Ok, guys and gals, I'm going to say up front, this post may incite many responses, but please keep it civil.
    The exact details are not important, but it came to pass earlier today that some... Organic fluids of a sticky nature saturated my GFs 8310. The phone, for the most part seems to work fine, with the exception of many sticky keys and a very stuck trackball. And some residue under the screen faceplate. I know this can all be replaced, but wonder if it is worth it? Is it possible to completely clean the mainboard? No warranty option here (as the moisture indicator was tripped during this... event) but is there a chance the... Uhh... Leftover that I may not be able to get to may affect the phone adversely in the long run? (With humidity, heat, etc...) And if it is worth it, where do you recommend buying OEM parts? Used eBay last time, and the parts were... Ok...
    Any help/insight is appreciated, and 'comments' are welcome (civil, please)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 11:16 PM
    you could actually dissassemble the BB and put it into pure alcohol. leave it there for a while, move it a bit in there, then dry and put back together. pure alcohol should not do any harm to the device.
    02-24-10 11:21 PM
    you can do just what the above post says. disassemble and clean with rubbing alcohol. if you dont want to do that, you can buy parts from cnn.cn and replace everything.
    02-24-10 11:28 PM
    I appreciate the advice! I'm going to do just that later today. Do you think it will actually fix the trackball? or am i going to get a new one?
    02-25-10 07:43 AM
    I would say go ahead and buy a new trackball...they are a PITA to take apart and get completely clean.
    02-25-10 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD