Hey the rubbery top part of my 8320 seems to be peeling. Is this normal? I'm talking about the part where it has the words wifi on it. The rubbery/plastic seems to be falling off. Feel like burning it just to make it stay on.
    Yes I love fire.

thx
    03-15-09 07:57 PM
    Mine starting peeling so I peeled the whole thing off and now it actually looks better.
    03-15-09 08:02 PM
    ok thxxxxxxx
    03-15-09 08:13 PM
    What Miss_michelle said is exactl� what I did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 08:24 PM
    Hey the rubbery top part of my 8320 seems to be peeling. Is this normal? I'm talking about the part where it has the words wifi on it. The rubbery/plastic seems to be falling off. Feel like burning it just to make it stay on.
    Yes I love fire.

thx
    Pyros are awesome, i should post this 500KV Powerline arc video, its electric fire, i just recieved it today. But my bb cant view MPEG....yet

I wish i had wifi, but i wont sacrifice 3g for it ever. Was really thinking about the 8350i
    03-16-09 12:15 AM
    Yeah, mine's peeling too. Think I'm going to peel it all off also. It seems this is a design flaw then. I haven't seen this mentioned before, but maybe everyone is suffering silently...
    03-16-09 12:24 AM
    I haven't had a problem with that part of my curve, but I have had some battery door issues. I wound up having to shave the door down some with a razor and heat it up with a lighter so it would be malleable enough to bend. I still have issues with it LOL! I just need to find out where to get a cheap new one since I don't have a TMO store any where near here.

03-16-09 12:40 AM
    Kanga you can get the batt doors from CB or cnn.cn, ebay, amazon etc etc. They are 5-6 bucks usually, unless you are talking about something else entirely
    03-16-09 12:44 AM
    I haven't even bothered searching because I thought they would be really high and I couldn't afford one at this very moment. I should have looked anyway. This makes me very happy! Thanks Tremortality. I knew I liked you for a reason!

My BB will thank you as well, when I don't have to tack down the battery cover using super glue anymore. Nothing like being ghetto fabulous! Thank you again...

03-16-09 12:55 AM
    Getting back to the rubbery top of the Curve's midplate..... I've rebuilt a few Curves and the original tops are always pretty beat up on the originals. Whatever material is being used just peels off, sometimes only using your fingernail will do it. If I'm replacing just the faceplate, I usually scrape off all of the black material and polish the top using some very fine automotive rubbing compound to get all of it off. The plastic underneath comes out shiny black. If I am replacing a complete housing, the midplates arrive looking just like original with the wifi (tmo) or gps (att) logo. Sometimes, it doesn't have any logo, just the thin flat black film. But yes, the tops all look nasty after awhile.
    03-16-09 03:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD